Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa and Family Premium wont play songs directly (eg Alexa, play heros from David bowie on spotify)

Alexa and Family Premium wont play songs directly (eg Alexa, play heros from David bowie on spotify)

Hi 

we are trying since 8 weeks or so: 

• we have family premium
  • we have alexa, connected, default music service is spotify
  • until 8 weeks (or more) ago it worked like a charm
  • it was possible to play e.g. “alexa, play david bowie from spotify” —> it worked; even songs (play heroes from david bowie in spotify). We can play our own playlists via its name, but not more. 
  • NOW it just says: I cannot find david bowie in your library 
  • we de- and installed spotify and alexa 100 times, we are using the same account for spotify and for alexa (same emails for the accounts). Still “alexa, play david bowie from spotify” does not work.
  • We cannot find anything on that topic. What is wrong? Did spotify stop this service (playing songs directly) for family premium and did not tell? IF SO, PLEASE TELL US, we are wasting hours after hours to make that work.. 

Thank you, Danijela

2 Replies

I am having the same problem.

my spotify account is successfully connected to alexa, but she does not find songs by the rolling stones, which is super annoying.

Greets, kennibal

I am experiencing the same issue. We are currently trying Spotify for a month or two, but the lack of proper integration with Alexa/Echos is a show stopper. 

We are unable to say "Computer, play songs like ..." or "Computer, play songs by ..." and have it do anything besides report it cannot be found. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to open a trouble ticket with Spotify either, which makes the support side of it a bit disappointing. 

Suggested posts