Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Solved!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

readtom
Regular

You may be right about that - I have a Canadian Spotify account (paid subscriber) but work/live in the US, and Echo can't find my personal playlists.

myee111

I just tried this.  Same result.  

JoshK
Casual Listener

I just switched all my Alexa units from a US amazon account to Oz and am having the exact same issue.

will switch back to my US account tomorrow and see if the issue goes away.

JoshK
Casual Listener

confirmed issue occurs on Australian Amazon account but not US Account. both accessing same Spotify Account.

Issue is definitely Amazon side

abadran
Casual Listener

So is it a matter of changing the location on the amazon account or does it only work on existing US amazon accounts? Any specific steps to make sure the new amazon account is US based? I have setup several accounts and still having issues. 

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

bearspotify

Hi I'm also having this issue; seems like synching of playlists is lagging between making updates in spotify and Alexa. I've only got one playlist on my account right now; whether I say, Alexa play my XYX playlist or Alexa play playlist XYX, it responds that it doesn't see a playlist with that name. I've got Spotify specified as my default player for Alexa. Help please!

jeremybgale

Holy smokes dude, you are a genius. I have no idea how you figured this out, and even realized that it helped. To be clear to others, you need to transfer your KINDLE (!?) account to Amazon.ca. This makes no sense to me, I've had an amazon.ca account for years, but this was truly the key. Thank you so much!

DamoH
Casual Listener

Confirmed this works.  I added a dummy american postal address and made it my default address, then reset my Alexa and setup as a new device.  I can now play my own personal playlists!!!

PhYrE
Casual Listener

But you still can’t play a genre in Canada on spotify (though it will play you a Amazon music playlist if you’re a prime member)

ie: “play dinner music” “ play jazz songs”

that works on the US accounts though.

DamoH
Casual Listener

I was just trying to solve not being able to play personal spotify playlists

SUGGESTED POSTS