Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Solved!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

Atihab
Casual Listener
I tried this and it didn't help, Alexa still will not recognise my own Spotify playlists. This has only started happening today and I've had my Amazon dot for 6 months now.

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

rnd_ka

Hello,

i pretty much think i found the solution.

You have to say (e.g.) "Alexa, play Rock Metal playlist on spotify." It started to play my "Rock/Metal etc." Playlist. It seems like you have to say on spotify at the end. 

Have fun! :)

reisinger11

I talked with level 2 support at Amazon dot today. This is the command that work almost all the time. 

Alexa Play the playlist red

The word "the" has to be there for it to work. I have tried the command, and it works. I even did it while tech was on the line. 

Hope this helps. 

CR

zjenkins9216
If you use your phone to physically play a song from your own playlist you can then tell Alexa to skip a song and it stays in that playlist. However she does not recognize any of my own playlists

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

aosul

I can't get this to work.... help! I've tried to get the playlist command to work and nothing

AnnKauf1
Regular

Some of my playlists won't play on Alexa - 'Alexa' is shaded out on the device list.  However, many playlists do play -- what's the issue?  Of course, it's my most important playlist!

tzvister

This is not a solution for Pure Playlists, but if Alexa can't play, it could be you've registered more than 3 play devices on Spotify. 

Go to Spotify Settings --> Offline Devices --> remove all devices and start over. This will fix the problem.

Carballoca
Casual Listener

Not recognizing any of my playlist after resetting it. Have tried just about everything nothing is working.

Carballoca
Casual Listener

I just found out after DAYS of frustration make sure your default music is Spotify and not Amazon Music as soon as I did that it works!!

baggie58
Casual Listener

The answer on here which said to press on Echo in settings worked for me (well it worked once). To reiterate open the Spotify app on your phone or ipad, go to settings, devices and press Echo. I daren't try and see if it works a second time!

SUGGESTED POSTS