Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Solved!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Carballoca
Casual Listener
I found out what the problem was your default music has to be set on the one you use aka Amazon, Spotify, Pandora etc...hope this help anybody else with this problem

AnnKauf1
Regular
Thanks but that's not the issue - I did set it up correctly. It's a gap in the Echo design.
Solution!

alexaqueen

Alexa command.jpgAlexa Command

I think these Alexa commands will help you. If you would not able to solve this issue then you should contact cutomer support for Alexa App. In these days lot of peoples are using alexa app. It is the best app for amazon echo devices. Many functions and commands in Alexa but we don't know about it. So, we should have good knowledge about it, Because in upcoming years many Amazon or other companies products are coming. 

View solution in original post

AnnKauf1
Regular
This isn't a solution / Alexa can't see these lists.

Zebediah
Casual Listener

Still no actual solution for this?

I have had my Alexa for over ten months and it has worked without a hit until this week.

So it is not "how I am saying it".

Or not set to default etc.

I have also checked my Alexa log and it is hearing my commands perfectly.

Sometime a couple of the playlists even work, and in the history Alexa hears the same command both times (working and not working).

Finally I can play any playlist easily via my PC etc.

So this is purely a communication error between Alexa and Spotify. Is either compny going to take ownership and solve this?

Carballoca
Casual Listener
I had this same problem until I figured out that you have to set Spotify as your default player it comes with Amazon as the default player

AnnKauf1
Regular
No - that is not the solution. Alexa can't see local playlists.

bigj5555
Music Fan

totally rediculious !

had echo and 5 dots since they came out..only had one minor prob last yr,

when alexa could not find playlists on spotify - it sorted itself withing a day..

this has been going on now for over 5 days +

what the **bleep** is the problem here ?

and why is no one accepting ANY responsibility for it ?

is this another way of pissing off people by amazon so they go over to amazon music ?

NOT A **bleep** CHANCE ! - will do without anything first

DarLeroux

I had the same problem, but found it was how I was saying it. I tried saying "Alexa play my workout mix playlist" and Alexa couldn't find it - even though Spotify was my default music player in the Alexa app. However I just tried "Alexa open spotify and play my workout mix" and she picked it right up. Hope that helps!

Zebediah
Casual Listener

Early days yet, but I did a factory reset on my echo dot.

Hold down the mic off and vol down button together till the light goes orange (around 12 seconds).

Then log into your app and set it up again.

So far so good.

SUGGESTED POSTS