Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Solved!
Solution!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

grandfathermax

As with everyone else.  Until about 3 weeks ago I could say:

"Echo, play harriets playlist"

Note: (I changed the command word to Echo)

and the playlist for Harriet we created would play 99% of the time.  Spotify is set as default and it has worked ever since the Echo was released.

Now the well spoken lady says:

"I don't see the playlist Harriet in your music library"

If I go to the spotify App I can play the playlist fine.  I noticed that it was not working the same day I installed the Sonos Skill.  It may just be coincidence.

UPDATE @ 26th November 2017:

It has started working again as expected.  Nothing has changed other than Amazon doing their own updates.

"Echo, play harriets playlist"

Now plays harriets playlist as expected.  Hope it stays that way as my 5 year old will be "Bieberless" and grumpy otherwise.  (Silver lining.....)

View solution in original post

user-removed
Not applicable

This is not accurate. I did it this morning and it worked perfectly, Now, this afternoon, it isn't working. 

Et1Yet1
Casual Listener

Have the same problem. Alexa / Spotify often picks not my own playlists.

In my libary are the playlists "chillout" and "chillhouse".

It understand correctly the words (looked at alexa history in the app), but jumps to public playlists with the same name and play them. 

I changed the name to "chill house" or "chill out", but nothing changes. Sometimes it picks my own, but often public ones. When I use cryptic names like "123", it works corretly.

I have the correct language and spotify as default player. In addition I deleted the complete records for my device, but still the same failure. 

This is realy annoying. Please fix it!

nicholasnystrom
Casual Listener

This is such a frustrating feature. Was at my mom's for thanksgiving worked perfectly on her Amazon Echo to play her Spotify Playlists. Mine will not work at home it just keeps saying can't find a playlist called that. I have tried creating new ones, renaming old ones, repairing. Can someone from Spotify please help here? This is ridicoulus!

Lilaz29
Casual Listener

One of my playlists played and the only distinguishing character was that there was no capitalization of any of the letters... so I changed all my other playlists to lowercase and what do you know? It worked. Hope it works for everyone else... Spotify is my default player in Alexa app.

Lilaz29
Casual Listener

Same thing... I put Spotify as my default music player in Alexa app... none of my playlists played, then suddenly one did. It was all lowercase lettering. I thought, let me change the others to lowercase and it worked. Weird. As long as there is no capitalization, it seems to work. Now I just say “Alexa play ***** playlist” and it works!

nicholasnystrom
Casual Listener

I was able to figure out my issue. I actually had to go into the Alexa App and unauthorize my Spotify connection then re authenticate it and it works perfect. Doesn't even matter if I have capitalization or not on my playlist name.  Thanks for the help!

baggie58
Casual Listener

@nicholasnystrom wrote:

I was able to figure out my issue. I actually had to go into the Alexa App and unauthorize my Spotify connection then re authenticate it and it works perfect. Doesn't even matter if I have capitalization or not on my playlist name.  Thanks for the help!

Ah, that's really interesting! Will have a go at that too.

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

eleckz
Music Fan

Genius thank you 

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

Melky6

I could not play any playlists until I did this. I reset the dot and connected it again with wifi on the alexa app and it is now working. I originally did not have a premium account and upgraded so perhaps doing a reset helped out. I don't know the exact reason why it works now. I got the echo for hands free music.

SUGGESTED POSTS