Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Solved!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

eleckz
Music Fan
You’re in Canada? I’ve tried unlinking it and all but it says it can’t find my playlist I’ve tried in multiple ways but nothing. If I say play “Eminem on Spotify” it’ll play his playlist but if I say play my “December 2017” it won’t find it. I purchased the google home mini before to test it out and it played my stuff no problem but the echo plus can’t find nothing I made just stuff created by Spotify

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

dsbanks99
Casual Listener

I'm in Canada and just got my Amazon Echo. Not only does it NOT currently find any of my Spotify playlists, it also isn't able to search Spotify by genre, though it does work by artist.

"Alexa, play hip-hop on Spotify"

"I couldn't find any hip hop songs on Spotify".  (seriously???)

"Alexa, play D'Angelo on Spotify"

"Playing songs by D'Angleo on Spotify" (works)

eleckz
Music Fan
Lol that’s basically me

DigitalPZ
Regular

Exact same problems here. I can't get it to play any named playlists or genres. It will only play specific items or music by a specific artist. In researching this it seems to be a common problem that goes back a while. Amazon and Spotify really need to get their act together with this.

DigitalPZ
Regular

Finally figured this out. My Amazon account was set with a home country of US but my Spotify account was set to Canada. Once I changed the Amazon account to Canada this now works. I can ask for my custom playlists or genres and they all play.

eleckz
Music Fan
Mine is set to Canada , Ontario everything just checked. Only thing saying USA is time zone for Eastern standard time (New York) but I’m in Toronto and it’s basically the same thing. Not sure what it could be. I had the google mini for a week and that knew everything I asked it. Not sure why the echo has a hard time

AnnKauf1
Regular
Nice for someone who lives in Canada! Well, at least they have Trudeau for a true leader!

Katwil

I've been having this issue for a while as well. Finally today Alexa gave me a different response and said "I can only play from the primary device owner". I had to tell Alexa to switch users and it started playing my spotify playlists immediately.

DigitalPZ
Regular

On Amazon, this setting is under Manage Devices and Content. It took me a while to find it.

dsbanks99
Casual Listener

Was this on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca?

I only found what you're describing through a google search, which took me to Amazon.Com, Manage Your Content and Devices, "Settings" tab.

https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/settings/payment

There it says my country is Canada.

When I change the .com to .ca in the above, I get taken to a "Your Content" page with no tab for Settings. Under my content all it says is "No items found".

SUGGESTED POSTS