Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

Solved!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

eleckz
Music Fan
Deregister the echo from your account. Setup the echo again and this time instead of choosing your amazon account go to create a new one with a new email (it’s just so you can actually use your custom playlists) once it’s set up. Log into your Spotify account and make it the default music player. Everything should work fine. Only problem is it won’t be connected to your Canadian amazon account. It’ll still work for everything else just won’t be able to order you things or check shipping status. But questions games and Spotify will work no problem.

I didn’t discover this someone else did so Don’t credit me. Enjoy

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify - Status changed to: Need more info

AnnKauf1
Regular
I’m in the US and Alexa can’t see any playlists/mixes that I’ve made on Spotify.
Solution!

Re: Alexa can't find my own playlists on Spotify

jdb_85

THIS WORKED FOR ME

I thought I would post my experience. After reading and attempting all the comments and advice on this thread, nothing seemed to work and my personal playlists didn’t play. 

I then went through my playlists one by one to identify if any WOULD play and I found two that played as expected. Both of these playlist had been set to download for offline playback. 

So I set another previously unplayable playlist to download for offline playback and Alexa found it no problem. 

That fixed it for me. 

View solution in original post

darcydonal
Music Fan
No, Problem just visits Alexa Echo Help center and get resolve your issue soon. Best care center for Amazon Echo Plus Support. Thanks
I love Alexa and Spotify. A lot of fun and music streaming. I am working with SmartHomesMaker in the USA.

AnnKauf1
Regular

Spotify support finally escalated this - took three months to convince them it’s a problem!

Thedogs

I found that if you say the word "the" in front of the playlist name rather than my, it will work every time.

DCDouglass
Casual Listener

I listen a lot to various radio stations now, and was having trouble returning to my playlists. As suggested in this thread, I said, "Alexa, play XXXX playlist," with XXX being one of my simple, one-word playlists, and it went to it without any issues. Once there, I could manually choose any other playlists I desired.

-DC

Solution!

PhYrE
Casual Listener

I too had the classic problem of "I can't find your ____ playlist on spotify" no matter how I worded it.  I tried renaming playlists to all lowercase, one word, complicated vs simple. I tried disconnecting spotify from Alexa and so on. Nothing fixed it.

I did get it to work:

I noticed that in my "Default Music Services" for spotify was your US only services (Pandora, etc). I visited (on the web page) "Accounts & Lists" followed by "Your Content and Devices". A banner at the top said "Your default Kindle Store is currently set to Amazon.com. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page at Amazon.ca." It offered to convert my amazon.com account into an amazon Canadian account.

Once done, I reset the Alexa (probably unnecessary) with a pin and now those US music services don't show. Unlinked and relinked with Spotify and it works perfectly when I am asking for my own playlists.

I had to then sign out of the Amazon app on my phone, as it was still linked with the US store (so I would show a new app, but it wouldn't be an available feed to assign to the device).

View solution in original post

eleckz
Music Fan
Woooooow!!! You just solved world hunger. This completely solved the issue. Thank you so so much. I love you 🙂

PhYrE
Casual Listener

Unfortunate side-effect of it all is that being linked with the Canadian store means some US based skills (Jeopardy, Twenty Questions) don't work until their vendors update them to put them in the Canadian store. Given that the non-US Alexas have only been out for a month now (officially), it'll be less of an issue in the near future.

Had to disable and re-search for the same skills in the Canadian store to get them to work.  Neverthless, spotify is probably what I use it for most, so it fortunately works.

Glad I could help!

SUGGESTED POSTS