Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa on Echo Dot says Spotify not currently available in my region

Alexa on Echo Dot says Spotify not currently available in my region

Hi, I have a Spotify premium account running on apple products, and an Echo Dot with Alexa app on same iPhone. All registered in The Netherlands as far as I can see. All apps and systems updated lately.  Despite checking, de-registering, and registering again, Alexa continues to respond with "Spotify is not currently available in your area" Anyone any idea what could be wrong??

btw I also have the problem that was frequently discussed here: can not login to Spotify using e-mail address, but only with long code. Any easy answer how to change that?

18 Replies

Hey, @Toinevl 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Initially, please, follow these steps to check your country setting for your Amazon devices:

1. Go to your Amazon account page
  2. Tap Content and Devices
  3. Go to Settings (Preferences)
  4. Tap Country/Region Settings, check it and change it, if necessary

Note: The translation terms may vary in your language...

If there is anything wrong with your country settings, when you fix it, maybe you will be able to use Spotify on your Echo device.

Keep me posted!

Related support article:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @hezorg,

This does not work. I'm having the same issue.

See also this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Alexa-reports-Spotify-is-currently-no...

Regards,

EQ

Hey, @EQ_uinox_ , @Toinevl 

Sorry for the late replay...

Could you check if Spotify appears on the Music Service list in the Alexa app? According to the official Amazon help site, this feature is not available in every country, but also I found another thread with a workaround that might fix their issue here.

On another note, @Toinevl , about the issue you're experiencing when trying to log into your account, please, take a look at the following support article:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks @hezorg for the reply.

Yes Spotify appears in the Music Service list and I can log in and set it as my default music service. I don't think there is an issue with it not being available in my region/country.

This has worked before for others (see link I've posted earlier) without changing the address in your Amazon account which might have an undesired impact.

I think the problem lies in the fact I (and others) have a partner account. Where the Spotify Premium fee is part of my Internet Service Provider contract (Dutch KPN).

Regards,

EQ

Hey again, @EQ_uinox_ @Toinevl 

We've made some tests here in our end and we (including Mods) are finding the same results. Even though Spotify can be selected as a music service from within the Alexa app, asking the device to play something on Spotify will prompt the already mentioned reply that it's not available in the region.

In this situation, the most recommendable is to get in touch with the Amazon Customer Support to get help with it, since there is not much we can do on our side.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted, if necessary!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I am having the same issue. Spotify worked fine until this morning when it started saying Spotify is not available in my region. I live in Luxembourg, have a premium account and made no recent changes to it. The Spotify app still works, it is linked in the Alexa app and yet Alexa does not play Spotify. What is the is the issue?

I have exactly the same issue since today. I live in Switzerland and up until this morning Spotify worked perfectly fine on my Alexa. I didn't change anything and my Spotify premium still works on all other devices. Is there any solution? 

Hello there @Monica_Mo and @Werbepause,

Glad to have you on the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

We recommend you check out the solution in the thread here.

Thanks - Let us know if you need help with anything else!

Happy listening 🎶

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've relinked my account and still doesn't work. My alexa device is set to Luxembourg and my spotify account is also set to there - when you advise to change our device settigns to another country, where are your suggesting? Surely they should align (which they do).

I've just taken a family trial membership of Spotify but there seems little point in keeping it if it wont play on any of my Alexa devices please can you provide some trouble shooting guidelines other than change regional settings/contact Amazon cust support

Same issue - did you manage to resolve?

same issue - any solution found?

Same problem here in Belgium.  Did anyone Find the solution? 

thanks!

Hey there @Nicolova,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked out the solutions from this thread? Some users report that changing the country on their Amazon account to a supported country like UK or USA allows you to use the service.

Let us know if that helped. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex,

I have my VAT, my credit card and all info in Amazon connected to my real country. I can’t lie on those sensitive information just because a feature in your product doesn’t work. I paid for the Alexa and I paid for spotify because Alexa told me I could use spotify on them.

Yes I tried everything mentioned here.

Thank you for the support.
Nico

Hey @Nicolova,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It looks like the support for some features has been withdrawn by Amazon for certain devices. You can read more about it here. Keep in mind that if you're able to use your Spotify account directly on other devices such as your smartphone or the web player, then the cause fort this behavior lies with the depreciation of features by Amazon.

We recommend that you try basic troubleshooting steps such as updating both apps and re-linking your accounts as explained here. If that doesn't do the trick it's a good idea to get in touch with the Amazon customer support. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Hello

As I live in Luxembourg, and want to buy Alexa to connect it to Spotify: is this now possible?

Thank you

Hey @pirchen,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify is generally supported on Amazon Alexa devices. Keep in mind however that there are differences between the features supported on different versions on Alexa and Echo devices. We recommend that you get in touch with Amazon Customer Service on this one and ask them which version of the device are available for shipping to Luxemburg and which features are supported.

Once you get that cleared up, you can connect Spotify to your Alexa using the steps in this guide. 

Mihail Moderator

Hello

I found the solution to why your spotify won't work on your Amazon echo if you have moved countries recently. 

Solution: it is because your spotify account is of your previous country and you need to have a spotify account in your country. Once created a free account in your current country, go to alexa skills> Spotify> disable service and enable again. Login with your new account instead of old account and tadaaa! Now you can play songs through Spotify through your echo 

Suggested posts