Alexa reports Spotify is currently not available in your region

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Alexa reports Spotify is currently not available in your region

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out here and reporting this in the Community!

It looks like the feature has been withdrawn in your country. You can read more about this here.

If you've already tried basic troubleshooting such as updating both apps and re-linking your accounts, we'd suggest to get in touch with the Amazon customer support.

As a workaround, you could try changing your country setting for the Alexa device, following the steps here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout, if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi Xenia,
Thanks for helping me! I've changed the country in Amazon to the UK and it works again. Maybe this problem occurred, because Amazon opened a new shop in the Netherlands and my settings were changed to the Netherlands.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for your reply and solution. Looks like they've fixed the problem now and that spotify is working normally again even with address/region set to The Netherlands. 

Regular

Still experiencing this problem when my address is in The Netherlands.

Not looking forward to changing my address since this will impact my content on my Kindle and the Amazon store, right?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Solution worked, but it was hard to find the right page. 

In The Netherlands the account changed to amazon.nl with the outroll of the Dutch shop. So if you don't see the settings after going to "your content and devices" you have change the url into amazon.nl although you think you have an account on .co.uk or .com. When you see "Country/Region Settings" in an orange heading you've found it! I had to fill out a fake adres in de US to get it to work. Which i'm not really pleased with..

----- nederlands

Bij mij werkte het niet meer nadat de nl shop live ging. Mijn account stond daarvoor op .co.uk maar was veranderd naar nl. Daardoor werd het verwarrend om die pagina te vinden waar je de lokatie settings kan aanpassen. Ik moest dus in de Nederlandse shop zitten (amazon.nl) om de via account bij de juiste pagina te komen waar je inderdaad je regio kan aanpassen. Heb helaas een fake adres ingevuld.

SUGGESTED POSTS