Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] stops streaming after 2 songs

[Alexa] stops streaming after 2 songs

Followern Problem occurs: 

After commanding Alexa to play a specific playlist or Artist, the streaming stops usually after the second song. Independently telling the spotify app to play a playlist via the Alexa Echo Plus same problem occurs. 

For example after noticing the stop, I return to the app and the spotify player returns to the first song already played but stops the playing. I have the Alexa new and Amazon support says it seems to be a problem on Spotify system. 

2 Replies

I've similar problem with amazon echo for months. Spotify stops all the time after some songs which is VERY annoying. Sometimes it plays longer but later again only about 2 songs and then spotify stops. Many people already have this problem.

Amazon music works without problems, so I guess it's not Spotify but Amazon. Feels to me like if amazon would deliberately stop Spotify. Now I think about switching to Google Home.

Hey @Msmilex and @Goorrnco,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts