Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Phone

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I setup my mums new amazon echo dot and linked her spotify premium account to it (recently upgraded it to premium as needs to be premium to work on Alexa). 

it worked originally when asked to play a generic playlist - eg “play 60s music”, however now the problem is that whenever she/I ask it to play a particular song, artist or any other music, Alexa repeats the correct song requested, but then keeps playing the same playlist it was on previously.

If I open spotify on her phone then I can change tracks successfully, but it seems that Alexa isn’t able to - it just keeps playing whatever it was on!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

33 Replies

Me Too!!! ☹️

I have this problem. It's hugely dumb, she clearly repeats my request then plays whatever she wants.

What is the solution?

I was having this same problem too earlier today! I was able to fix it tough by going onto the Alexa app on my phone and then Settings>Music&Podcasts>Spotify and then from that page disabling the skill. Once the skill was disabled I re-enabled it and it works like new again! 🙂 I hope that helps ya! 

Thanks for replies above.. very helpful. 
I also managed to fix this with some trial and error too by deleting the apps, un-syncing/re-syncing and enabling the Alexa/Spotify link. Had already tried his but eventually it seemed to work eventually. 

Not sure how it got stuck but seems to work for now anyway! Thanks 

After disabling and re enabling the spotify skill, it works for two or three songs, then it get stuck on the same song again! The echo dot, even if understanding my next song request it keeps playing the current song, VERY frustrating!

This is an issue for me as well, It only started happening about a week ago! 

same here!  alexa cant change songs

Having the same issue on the newest Echo. I tell Alexa to play a song but it just repeats the last song that was played on Spotify. I disabled the skill and enabled it. It worked for a few songs and went back to having issues.

I’m having the same issues. I disabled and re-enabled the routine as well as the Spotify account. We’ll see if it keeps happening. 

Just posting to say that I have recently been experiencing the same problem and I don't think it's merely coincidental that a lot of us had issues around the same time. Maybe Spotify updated recently?

This worked for me, thank you!

This worked for me, thank you!

Hey Jennyg_ what was the fix? unlink the spotify account? if so.. the issue will come back soon... if it was a different fix please share! thanks

Mine randomly started working normally this morning. I didn't do anything. I wonder if there was a software update... Still works for now when I tell her to play a song. 

Same issue, anyone found a permanent solution? I JUST bough it and this is so disappointing 

Reset Echo, uninstalled Alexa and spotify from mobile phone. Reinsalled both and did setup procedure. All good now.

Hey Community,

had the same issue and used the "Reset-Procedure" to got it solved, but it came back and remembered that I setup a "Multiroom-Group" the day befor. I deleted this group and it works again. So, befor restetting the whole thing, try this.

Cheers

Christian

This is happening to us we only brought the echo dot 2 weeks ago as well 

disabled and enabled Spotify on Alexa app works for few songs then won’t change anymore until you either change songs on your mobile or repeat the process 

really annoying 😡

Same problem here. I'm from Brazil. While using Alexa in Portuguese, all Spotify commands used to work well. Then, I changed Alexa to English and this problem started. Disconnect and connect the skill solved the issue, but only for a while.

Suggested posts