Announcements

Alexa stuck on same playlist/music and won’t play what I ask

Re: Alexa stuck on same playlist/music and won’t play what I ask

Visitor

Just posting to say that I have recently been experiencing the same problem and I don't think it's merely coincidental that a lot of us had issues around the same time. Maybe Spotify updated recently?

Casual Listener
This worked for me, thank you!

Casual Listener

This worked for me, thank you!

Regular
Hey Jennyg_ what was the fix? unlink the spotify account? if so.. the issue will come back soon... if it was a different fix please share! thanks

Casual Listener

Mine randomly started working normally this morning. I didn't do anything. I wonder if there was a software update... Still works for now when I tell her to play a song. 

Visitor

Same issue, anyone found a permanent solution? I JUST bough it and this is so disappointing 

Visitor

Reset Echo, uninstalled Alexa and spotify from mobile phone. Reinsalled both and did setup procedure. All good now.

Visitor

Hey Community,

had the same issue and used the "Reset-Procedure" to got it solved, but it came back and remembered that I setup a "Multiroom-Group" the day befor. I deleted this group and it works again. So, befor restetting the whole thing, try this.

Cheers

Christian

Visitor

This is happening to us we only brought the echo dot 2 weeks ago as well 

disabled and enabled Spotify on Alexa app works for few songs then won’t change anymore until you either change songs on your mobile or repeat the process 

really annoying 😡

Visitor
Same problem here. I'm from Brazil. While using Alexa in Portuguese, all Spotify commands used to work well. Then, I changed Alexa to English and this problem started. Disconnect and connect the skill solved the issue, but only for a while.
SUGGESTED POSTS