Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][NOW] Fix my Glitch and Give us User to User messaging and Sharing Back!

[All Platforms][NOW] Fix my Glitch and Give us User to User messaging and Sharing Back!

Nick Is very correct it is a very poor aggravating thing that we can not send people not on facebook friends a song at all. They said in a past post I read on here that it is to reduce spam sent to people that we don't know. The fact is that Spotify Music allows us to block anyone that we want. It is easy to block spammers and to report them to the development team just like ever other service out there does. So it is just an excuse because they don't want to spend money developing a button on the APP's that allows us to report spammers and allows us to find and add any friend and send any friend within the Spotify Music system. I have been paying for Spotify Music for over 6 years before any of my friends had known about Spotify. I am the reason that tons of my hundreds of friends even got Spotify. They love that I am able to post songs to my Facebook wall and that I am able to write notes when posting them. They love that my Facebook keeps track over every last song I play. However recently the Spotify App on my Galaxy s6 and Ipod touch keeps turning off my Show to Facebook feature. Also my Ipod Touch says error can not post to Facebook when sharing a song no matter how many times I uninstall and restart the ipod. However it STILL posts the song to Facebook and my little comment with the song still posts as well. Even though it says error. Spotify used to be so quick at fixing errors like this but now they have let the Ipod Touch post to facebook error continue to happen for over 2 months without fixing the bug. This is causing me to become more and more ready to switch to Apple Music. However Spotify is my passion and I pray that one day that I get to get 200 followers and upload my own music into the system like other Artists can. But Spotify development team is making it impossible for me to be able to get 200 followers because they will not allow me to send my playlists to other Spotify users to subscribe to and to like my Spotify profiles. I have almost 200 self made playlists to go with just about any mood. I loved when we had APPS for Spotify. That was an amazing thing they did. Just to rip it away from us users and then take away the right to send Spotify friends messages and songs or playlists. They let us do it when it first came out around 2011. I always sent people I had similar taste in music my playlists and loved it. I NEVER EVER ONCE had a spam issue with spammers spamming my inbox and have never had to block one user even before they stopped us from doing it. Also the fact that they do NOT allow us to ever unblock a Spotify user once we block them is absolutely the WORST implement idea I have ever heard of in my entire 26 years of life. I hate the fact that people cant get into fights with there friends any block them from Spotify and then unblock them when you make up. A forever block is not the smart way to go Spotify Music Development team. That needs to be fixed and I think that it is time that someone like Nick and I say something about all of this. I say something about it because I have paid your company thousands of dollars over time. Which is another thing. You won't let us pay a year in advanced like you did at first either. The whole entire Spotify system has gone from being really amazing to just being like the other companys and not caring what we as consumers have to say. Well I pay for family plan and I have LOVED that you allowed me to have a connection to my family and friends so that they can finally look at my playlists that I make for them. I have always been sad that I would make them playlists and they could never listen or know they existed because, well because they can afford premium like I could. So I would make them for nothing. But the Family plan changed that and now I have multiple friends and family who watch and play my playlists that I make and they know when I am in a good or bad mood just like I always wanted! So kudos on that part Spotify Development team. BUT I am just like Nick, I would totally invest into Spotify Music because you have proven to be a company that exceeds expectations and usually will take into consideration the things us as consumers and paying customers say and make changes and updates that we want. However you need to speed up on fixing the issue with my apple ipod touch saying post failed when sharing music to face book and it still posts anyways but I have to close Spotify and reopen it just to use the share. That is A GLITCH and needs attention at once. If not I am emailing for credit for my service. One final thing. Please do this in the next few weeks or at least announce that you may be making the change for us. Address the issue with the majority of us that want to be able to communicate user to user in the Spotify System without facebook as the one controlling who can message who. We PAY for Spotify Music not Facebook and they have no call in what we as customers want to be able to do with the Spotify messaging features. We should be allowed to message and share with anyone we want to that has a Spotify account and that needs to be done soon. The whole it stops spam is a crock of **bleep** and you can add a feature that allows us to report users who spam anyone so you can stop them right away. Also we can block and report them so its not an excuse to cut off half the world with other music lovers wanting to communicate. Also not allowing us to unblock users is going to far. We all get mad at our friends from time to time. Making us have to make a new Spotify account to just be able to let them see our Spotify again is too time consuming and makes us have to re add all our other friends who get annoyed with multiple accounts being made. So please hear us out and do the right thing Spotify Administrators and CEO. Turn back on the ability to message and share with anyone with Spotify and take the Facebook friend only block off from the messaging service in App. Also fix my ipod app so the error with posting to face book stops happening. Or I will do what I never want to do and go to apple music or google play music. At least they have Taylor Swift. But again if you address our issues I will stay and keep paying. If not then this will be my last request and will determine how I recommend your service to friends in the future. I have gave Spotify so much business so keep that in mind. I am a consumer and I do pay for these things to happen and quickly. I hate negative responses so please don't give me one. Thank you Scottie Tomlinson's Music and More - Artist

erroe ipod.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @user-removed!

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

First up, it's definitely possible to share your music with other users whose accounts aren't linked to Facebook. You just need to be following each other, for privacy reasons.

Regarding the "There was an error posting to Spotify" error message: can you let us know what operating system and version of Spotify you're using on both devices? In the meantime, try uninstalling the app > restart your devices > reinstall the app. Does that help?

Also, it's not possible to unblock users previously blocked, but you can add your vote for this idea here

Lastly, you can still pay for up to a year of Premium in advance by using our e-cards or gift cards.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon 🙂

Suggested posts