Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Remove ads from Michelle Obama Podcast (and any others) for premium users

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Remove ads from Michelle Obama Podcast (and any others) for premium users

I've been listening to podcasts on Spotify for some time, and yes I know sometimes ads are just uploaded as part of the actual podcast track and there's nothing you can do about that. But, I've been listening to the new Michelle Obama Podcast and have caught that Spotify is playing ads as a separate track from the Podcast. This is something entirely different. There may be other podcasts this is happening to as well. I'm paying premium for no ads in my music, so why in the world is Spotify giving me ads in my podcasts!? You guys are becoming more and more skeevy with your business practices. My complaint list is long for you, but I'll just keep it to this issue for now. In short, REMOVE ADS, THAT AREN'T PART OF THE PODCAST TRACK, FOR PREMIUM USERS. YOU PROMISED US NO ADS! NOW STICK TO YOUR WORD!

4 Replies

Hey, @gBasgaard 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

We've moved your post to the Help Board because it seems a little strange and we would like to gather some additional information about this case. Could you double-check if you're really logged into your own Premium account? If possible, could you take a screen video showing us the ads you're seeing when listening to podcasts? Is it happening just when you're listening to Michelle Obama's podcasts or it's happening to other ones? 

Keep us posted! Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, 

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm logged into my premium, and I'm not going to do Spotify's job for them. They're well aware of what's happening. This is just another prime example of them not caring about their users and giving them the runaround in hopes that the fix we want gets buried. I've only seen this with the Michelle Obama Podcast, but wouldn't be surprised to see it happen more on recent Spotify original podcasts. I'll just resign to this issue not getting fixed now/ever.

Hey again, @gBasgaard 

I really comprehend your frustration with this issue, but I'm just asking for more pieces of information in order to know how can we proceed in this case to solve the possible issue you're experiencing. 

Thanks in advance!

Have a great day 🙂

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can confirm this is happening to me as well, post with evidence below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Family/Ads-in-podcasts-when-using-premium/m-p/5026119

Suggested posts