Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Explain “Inferences” file in Downloaded Spotify data

[All Platforms][Your Library] Explain “Inferences” file in Downloaded Spotify data

I downloaded my Spotify data out of curiosity but what are these Inferences? Specially *-seed and 1P_Social Streamers_Narrow?

{

"inferences": [

"1P_Custom_T-Mobile_Switchers",

"1P_Custom_iPhone_11_Users_Global",

"1P_Podcast Listeners_True Crime",

"1P_Social Streamers_Narrow",

"Aries - super kritical-seed",

"Gimlet - Reply All",

"Hillsong Worship 11/20 Auto - Audience-seed",

"Mxmtoon - super kritical-seed",

"Mxmtoon - tiered kritical-seed",

"The Midnight - Audience-seed",

"illenium_mau_no_followers",

"rfv01-seed",

"rfvsm-seed"

]

}

2 Replies

+ 2 from me:

"1P_Custom_Samsung_Lapsed"
"Cookie_Synced_Audience_60D"

That's fun:
"illenium_mau_no_followers" 😄

At https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/understanding-my-data/ it provides the following general explanation on what Inferences are:
"We draw certain inferences about your interests and preferences based on your usage of the Spotify service and using data obtained from our advertisers and other advertising partners. This includes a list of market segments with which you are currently associated. Depending on your settings, this data may be used to serve interest-based advertising to you within the Spotify service."
I recognize that you are asking for Spotify to elaborate on the specific criteria behind each inference - they are not likely to share this.

As a consolation prize, here are the inferences from my file not yet mentioned to add to the collection:
"1P_Custom_Discovery_Streamers"
"1P_Custom_Passionate_Curators"
"1P_Custom_Wrapped2019"
"Recaptcha_scores_filtered"
"1P_Custom_iPhone_11_Users"
Note that the last one is similar but distinct from one of those listed by the OP.

Suggested posts