Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All embeds showing "This content is not available in your country."

All embeds showing "This content is not available in your country."

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Lenovo Ideapad 330

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

About a week ago I stopped being able to play music from embeds. They just appear as black boxes with the text "This content is not available in your country." Can't see any other info, be it playlist/song/artist name or link.

This is happening both in my web browsers (Chrome, Edge, even in incognito mode).

SpaceTacos_0-1600963958783.png

and discord app

SpaceTacos_0-1600964033652.png

Weirdly enough it's not happening when I browse from my Android phone (Chrome). I'm logged into my Spotify Android app and using the same Wi-Fi source as my laptop.

I tried logging out of the web player and uninstalling the Windows 10 app to no avail. I'm not using any VPN solutions.

Just to be clear, the songs and playlists embedded are available in my region, and I can play those if I, say, follow the link from the Discord chat. It's just that the embeds are not showing me anything, which is getting pretty annoying tbh.

2 Replies

Hi @SpaceTacos,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry for the delayed reply, just came across this thread.

Could you try performing a clean reinstall of the Windows app, following the steps in this guide and let us know if that helped. 

Another thing that's worth testing is a different network - can you connect your PC to another network, for example a mobile hotspot and see if you get the same error both in the Web player and Windows app.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi! a similar issue occurred for me  today . i can't embed any song even though i could do it before. however, i can embed playlists and albums. so i don't understand why it doesn't work for songs specifically.

hopless_aromantic_0-1662028894464.pnghopless_aromantic_1-1662028938234.png

Suggested posts