Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Alexa (Echo Dot) & Kids Account

Amazon Alexa (Echo Dot) & Kids Account

Plan: Family / Free/Premium: Premium / Country: UK / Device: Amazon (Alexa) Echo Dot

My Question or Issue:

I have a family account that my wife and my 9 year old daughter use, as well as myself. My daughter has an echo dot in her bedroom and spotfiy is connected to that.

The problem is that it seems to only be able to connect to the main spotify account (ie. mine) which causes 2 issues:

1. she can access any music incl. explicit

2. the music she listens to completely messes up my account & its algorithms.

Is there any way to assign her kids account to the echo dot?

Thanks in advance for your help!

29 Replies

Hey there @charliepinphoto

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We're afraid that right now our Kids app doesn't have an integration with Alexa.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we can see how that can be a handy feature. We recommend leaving a +Vote on this idea that supports the idea to launch the Kids app for Amazon speakers.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena

Thanks for the reply. A shame that there is no solution to this. Especially because if I am out and listening to music then my daughter decides to listen to something on the alexa then it cuts my music off. I have voted on the link but is there any way to raise the importance of this request, and have it coded and released?

Regards

Charlie

Is there any progress on this?  There is zero help for this issue in either Amazon or Spotify help.

Thank you.

I was searching to see if there was a solution to this issue. This is ridiculous. If I'm working and my youngest daughter plays something at home on her Dot, it always pulls my account. I can't have this happen. I am going to have to convert her account to a normal one then.

Has any progress at all been made in integrating Spotify Kids into Alexa and Google Home devices??  Many young children do not have access to devices to access the Spotify Kids app (apparently the only way you can use Spotify Kids).  Thus they cannot even use the suggested bluetooth option.  And I'm sorry I'm not going to be selecting each new song for my kids and bluetooth it to their phones (having to log in an out of Spotify accounts, just No).  

This needs to be solved. Us parents don’t want our children to have access to inappropriate or explicit adult content on Alexa. The child account option already exists within Spotify. It seems Spotify and it’s employees don’t value our what our children are exposed to while they hypocritically support walkouts and protests for content any person can simply choose not to listen to.

Any update on this?

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

As soon as we have any updates about this we'll update the idea that's been provided, so for now we recommend that you subscribe to the idea so that you don't miss any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime 🙂

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Appreciate the reply, but it’s beyond ridiculous that there’s no solution more than two YEARS after this thread began. 😳

Agreed... Pretty poor product development. It's really difficult to written with these family accounts when you have small children. Apple music probably has better support. I might check it out soon. 

Hi I’ve set up my daughter a normal Spotify as I was experiencing this problem. I turners off explicit content off in setting and I seems to work well 

I'm really surprised that there is no real solution to integrate Spotify Kids with Amazon echo dots. As mentioned by multiple people above, it is quite frustrating to have your music cut off by your kids' echo dots at random times. This issue needs to be prioritized and addressed. 

It sees like there is no real solution to integrate Spotify Kids with Amazon echo dots. I'm waiting for the update on this topic. 

This needs to be solved, it's becoming a nightmare in our house, with both sons with echo's in their room, two downstairs and parents on runs/in cars we need to be able to use the family account for what it's intended for. Can we kick this one up the chain?

2 years and this feature still hasn't been prioritized! I purchased a premium family plan for the sole purpose of getting my kid's echo dot setup with spotify so that they won't fight over who's playing at the moment. Now I think I'll cancel my subscription since there's no point if it's going to stop my music. This is a shame.

Seriously - still no update? This is a huge issue and a deal breaker for many families with a premium plan. Can we get this figured out already?

As above this is rediculous, Im paying for a family account i want to LEGITIMATELY use in my own house! we have 2 kids echo dots, which are knocking my music off in the office. its a nightmare! If the issues not resolved soon, i may just go and cancel my account all together and sign up to apple music, as i see this threads allready years old and still no progress! #annoyed

Is anyone working on this?  I don't want to have to create a fake adult Amazon account just to allow my kids to listen to their own playlists.

This is driving me mad. Please fix this!

Suggested posts