Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Alexa] How to add Spotify kids account to Amazon Alexa device?

Solved!

[Amazon Alexa] How to add Spotify kids account to Amazon Alexa device?

I have a Spotify family account--and have created accounts for my kids through the Spotify Kids app.  

How do I change their Alexa devices so that it references their Spotify Kids profiles....and not my Spotify account?

Thanks.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JoCastro,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm afraid that it's still not possible to link Kids accounts to Alexa. However, feel free to add your Vote to this idea about using Spotify Connect with the Kids app or this idea about Smart devices.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I think you posted your question in the wrong section. This is the "Idea Submissions" section.

Hey @nordoroy,
Thanks for the heads up, this has now been moved to the right place! 🙂

Best,

Hey there @camelduke,

Right now, Spotify currently only supports Spotify Kids through the dedicated application and it's not currently accessible through devices such as Alexa and Google Home. I'd recommend if you wish to potentially get this on Spotify's radar for future changes then you can create an idea in the Idea Exchange. You'll be able to find out how this all works in this handy Spotify Answer here

Have an awesome weekend,

Is this still the case?  Is Spotify kids still not accessible through other devices like Alexa?

Wondering the same! 

Is this still the case?

Marked as solution

Hey @JoCastro,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm afraid that it's still not possible to link Kids accounts to Alexa. However, feel free to add your Vote to this idea about using Spotify Connect with the Kids app or this idea about Smart devices.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is this still the case? Surely there must be a solution for this.

also having this issue. very annoying tbh. wish there was a solution

Same here, need a solution for this

This is wild that they have not added this yet to Alexa. I think I’ll be canceling my Spotify. 

I had to create a "burner account" from my Spotify Family plan that I linked to my Alexa. Remember to remove toggle the "allow explicit content" in the preferences of your Spotify burner account. 

The main problem with Spotify is that my kids don't have devices, so they ask me to play music or they ask their kids Alexa, which is connected to my account.

This means my recommendations are messed up with kids' music, which is constantly added to my mixes, playlists, and recommendations.

Kids profiles would be much better, so I could switch to their profiles when playing music. Also, targeting account to a single Alexa device.

Suggested posts