Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Can Alexa play my "Liked Songs"?

[Amazon Echo] Can Alexa play my "Liked Songs"?

Hello,

Is it possible to play my "Liked Songs" (marked with ❤️) on Spotify with Amazon Echo?

For other playlists, I can play them by saying "Alexa, play the playlist [***] on Spotify", but this doesn't seem to work with my "Liked Songs".

32 Replies

Hello,

I'm French and the problem was the same for me with French accounts (Spotify and Alexa). And the solution is the same than the one given here for the English accounts.

To make it work, I need to say :

Alexa joue MES chansons liké.

If I do not say "MES" (MY), it doesn't work.

And I must say "chanson" that means "song" while the playlist in French is "Titre Liké" that means literally "Liked Titles"... 

A bit tricky but when the solution is known, it works perfect.

And this is thanks to this thread I found the solution adaptable toFrench accounts... I could not find any solution on the French web. So Thanks a lot !

Best.

Laurent

Hi,

I cannot get this to work as expected.

First I have to tell that I haven't used Spotify so far. So, first thing I did was adding like 200 songs to my favorites list (with the heart) before I started listening to some of them. Now when I want to play exactly those tracks I get one of two different scenarios instead:

1.) Spotify plays my most played tracks (which is exactly one song at the moment) and then goes on with songs based on my listening activity.

2.) When I say "play my liked songs" or "play liked songs", it will start playing songs similar to my liked songs (same artist etc.), but the songs aren't necessarily on my liked list. Seems more like a personal radio station.

What exactly do I need to say to play my liked songs and nothing but my liked songs?

Hey @Spockifly,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Could you let us know if the issue persists after unlinking your Spotify account from the Alexa app and then clean reinstalling both applications? You can follow this guide for Spotify. This will remove any possible malfunctioning files and resynch both services.

For information on the voice commands you can use, check out the Amazon help site.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Steps taken:

• Disabled skill
  • Uninstalled Alexa
  • Uninstalled Spotify
  • Installed Spotify
  • Installed Alexa
  • Signed in to Alexa/Spotify
  • Activated Skill
  • Me: "Spiele meine geliebten Songs" ("Play my loved/liked Songs")
  • Alexa: "Deine Lieblingssongs von Spotify" ("Your favorite Songs from Spotify")
  • -> Song I have never heard before is playing (I have another song of the same artist in my loved tracks)

I can initiate the playback of the song list from my phone and it will work. But I cannot find a speech command that will achieve the same.

Hi @Spockifly,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

Just to confirm, did you already try with the command "Alexa, play my songs on Spotify" without the word ''liked''? This seems to have worked for other users in this thread.

Also, keep in mind that in order to link a Spotify account to Amazon for full functionality, you must have a Premium account.

We hope this is useful. We'll be right here in case you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Others reported trying with/without "my". I did that.

I also tried "play my songs" now. The response was "playing your favorite songs on Spotify". The result is again a non-liked song of an artist with a track in my liked list.

I do not have Premium, however this shouldn't be the problem here. What I'm trying to do works if I just click "play" using the GUI. It will play on my Echo device. The only difference here is the input interface. I cannot achieve the same result using the Spotify Alexa skill.

Hi again @Spockifly

Thanks for your reply. 

We'd recommend making sure that the country in your Amazon account and your Spotify account is the same, as this could cause some issues. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Novy, thank you for your reply.

For both accounts the country is already set to Austria.

Hey @Spockifly

Thanks for the info! 

Just to confirm, were you able to play your Liked songs when you started using the app? 

We'd also suggest giving it a try using a different internet connection. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have spotify premium, both Amazon and Spotify are set as US country, when I say "Alexa, play my songs on Spotify", she comes back with "Your Liked Songs on Spotify", and NO music plays....HOW is this STILL an issue?!

Hey @tuffluck13,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? Also, let us know if you've tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread. This is so we don't repeat ourselves.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

CarlosE,

Steps taken:

• Disabled skill
  • Uninstalled Alexa
  • Uninstalled Spotify
  • Installed Spotify
  • Installed Alexa
  • Signed in to Alexa/Spotify
  • Activated Skill
  • Me: "Alexa, play My Liked Songs", "Alexa, play My Liked Songs Playlist" OR "Alexa, play My Songs on Spotify"
  • Alexa: "Your favorite Songs from Spotify
    • One of two things happens: NOTHING plays, OR a song I don't have on ANY of my playlists plays.  
  • The ONLY way I can get this to work, is if I start my Liked Songs Playlist from a PC interface, and then ask Alexa to "Play My Spotify".....which involves me walking across my house, to my office, to use my PC, and then walking back to whatever room I was in.  

I am also a Premium Spotify Account holder.  I can not believe this is STILL an issue.....quite ridiculous.  

Hey @tuffluck13,

Thanks for the info 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good.

If possible, could you try unlinking your account and linking another Spotify account to Alexa to see if that makes a difference? 

It's also a good idea to check if the firmware is up-to-date.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts