Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Amazon Echo Multi-Room Music groups not appearing in Spotify Connect

2 people liked this

Amazon Echo Multi-Room Music groups not appearing in Spotify Connect

tonman87

I have 3 Amazon Echo devices in my home, all of which individually appear in Spotify Connect. I set up a few groups through the Alexa app, one that includes all three Echos, and two more containing different combinations. However Spotify Connect will only display one group at a time.

IMG_1362.PNG

Above, only the Everywhere group containing all three Echos appears in Spotify Connect. If I switch to that group it's still the only group that appears:

IMG_1363.PNG

If I ask Alexa to switch Spotify to one of the unlisted groups, she can do that, and then only that group will appear:

IMG_1364.PNG

Is there a reason Spotify Connect will only display one speaker group at a time? I know the other groups work, as Alexa can utilize them to playback Spotify content. Is this an issue with Spotify Connect? Or is Amazon somehow to blame?

Plan Premium

Country US

Devices Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, iPhone 8, iMac

Operating Systems Echo SW 618571520, iOS 12.0.1, macOS Mojave 10.14

5 Replies
2 people liked this

Re: Amazon Echo Multi-Room Music groups not appearing in Spotify Connect

tringler

I can confirm I have exactly the same problem over here in Germany.

2 people liked this

gizmo

Same problem here. When I create a new multiroom group in alexa I cannot see the group :(

Eknarf

Any news on that? I'm having the same problem on the Windows 10 App and on Android. New Multiroomgroups are not recognized :-/

Nachooo

Same issue in Austria!!

The Spotify app does not recognize groups of amazon echo speakers... can only stream music independently in all speakers but not in all at the same time.

Highlighted

shinybonce

Had the same issue, and my work around on this is to send Spotify to a single Echo device and then ask "Alexa, play Spotify everywhere".

SUGGESTED POSTS