Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Echo Multi-room Issue

Amazon Echo Multi-room Issue

I seem to be experiencing an issue with the Multi-room function on Alexa. The Spotify app is recognising the individual echo devices through Spotify Connect but it isn't recognising the Multi-room music group.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?? 

3 Replies

Yes.  I'm having that exact same issue.  I've tried restarting Wi-Fi, tried restarting each of my two devices, and they are all up to date software-wise and are on the same wifi network.

I really can't figure it out.  I can get Amazon Music to play through both devices at the same time, but not Spotify, and my "Everywhere" group does not show up as an option in Spotify Connect.  Need some help with this.

I like the new Multi-room feature. I can "control" another device by calling it out by name now! That is one feature I wanted for a long time. Note this: Echo Devices can only be added to one group at a time.

Try these quick fixes of Amazon echo multi-room issue:

• Make sure about compatible Echo devices during setup for Multi-Room Music.
  • Also, another thing is that Reduce Wi-Fi Congestion.

Troubleshooting: If you see these error messages in the Alexa app when adding a device to a group then following steps that may help:

If your "Device Unreachable" then :

• Verify your device is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi.
  • Make sure your device has a good Wi-Fi connection.
  • Make sure your Echo device is listed in the Settings section of your Alexa app. If not, select Set up a new device
  • Confirm that all Echo Devices in the group are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Allow your device up to 48 hours after initial setup to update the firmware.

Simply things is that:

Move your device close to the router

Change frequency to 5GHz if you have option.

I like the new Multi-room feature. I can "control" another device by calling it out by name now! That is one feature I wanted for a long time.

Note this: Echo Devices can only be added to one group at a time.

Try these quick fixes of Amazon echo multi-room issue:

 Make sure about compatible Echo devices during setup for Multi-Room Music.

 Also, another thing is that Reduce Wi-Fi Congestion.

Troubleshooting: If you see these error messages in the Alexa app when adding a device to a group then following steps that may help:

 If your "Device Unreachable" then :

o Verify your device is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi.

o Make sure your device has a good Wi-Fi connection.

o Make sure your Echo device is listed in the Settings section of your Alexa app. If not, select Set up a new device

o Confirm that all Echo Devices in the group are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

 Allow your device up to 48 hours after initial setup to update the firmware.

Simply things is that

Move your device close to the router

Change frequency to 5GHz if you have option.

Suggested posts