Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Multi-room music

Solved!

[Amazon Echo] Multi-room music

What is the timeline for Spotify to support Amazons new Multi-room music feature? 

182 Replies

I have samsung smart things linked to gh, it was easy to link, I do not connect anything to GH as far as switches, plugs, or lights

Sorry I don't have good home. Just Alexa echo and echo dots. I also have bulbs. Pir sensors, socket plugs.. universal remote with Ir and rf .. control everything with Alexa. I love Alexa for me only down side its the spotify multiroom

is this still not working... can't understand this...

My echo "everywhere" group showed up in Spotify today. I tried it but it never worked. Now it is gone. I wish I took a screenshot but I was excitedly trying it out.

I think they are testing/ implementing it. 

Oh please don't tease....;-)

That’s HUGE!    That’s how we got wind that multi room was coming to alexa in the first place.   Someone saw groups in the alexa app!  

When will we get this important feature?

Fantastic news! Great sleuthing.

It's back today. 

Still only plays on one device thou 😞

Managed a screenshot this time. 

Screenshot_20171209-094159.jpg
Screenshot_20171209-095205.jpg

..because two adults owning multiple devices in the same home is never a thing. So even when Spotify adds the feature I still can't really use it how I want.  /facepalm

IMG_2791.PNG

Very nice!!! Thanks for the screen shot!!!

I started my 99 cent trial yesterday so I could use Spotify on my Echos. My Everywhere group was listed in devices available and when I clicked on it I had Christmas music playing on all 3 of my Echos. I tried again today and my Everywhere group is no longer listed. I hope Spotify is actually working on groups and yesterday wasn't just a fluke.

Sounds like progress

It's working again!!! Listening to Pink Floyd right now on 3 Echos. I don't know if Spotify changed something in the past hour or so, but after restarting my PC and 3 Echos the Everywhere group showed up again and worked!!!

Well I just opened Spotify started a Playlist and changed to Listen Everywhere from the Spotify app and only getting on one echo device. Just the echo plus. Not playing on dot.

Try restarting your Echos and PC or phone. I still have music playing on all my Echos, at least for now. Hope this helps. Try crossing your fingers while you restart, lol.

Well darn...tried restarting my Echo and my Dot. Opened Spotify. Started a playlist. Select Everywhere under devices available and not working for me. Guess I'll keep trying on occasion and possibly get as lucky as you did. Thanks for the suggestion though

Maybe double check to make sure both of your Echos are in the Everywhere group in the Alexa app.

I guess this is still a WIP. only playing on 2 of my 3 Echos now. At least it partially working.

I’ve got it working for my echo plus and echo. Weirdly I noticed that the echo plus wasn’t visible at all in Spotify, so I deregistered and re-registered it, deleted and then recreated the ‘everywhere’ group, and voila - Everywhere is available and working. Awesome!

Now if only I could also add in my tv speakers via chromecast too... Maybe one day.

Suggested posts