Announcements

Amazon echo "Alexa : I can't find songs by ... on spotify"

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Amazon echo "Alexa : I can't find songs by ... on spotify"

Regular

Indeed it worked. But this is a technology epic fail. Just because they don't sell Echos in other countries...

Highlighted

Hi all

It hasn't worked for me - I am in the UK (have never been anywhere else) and both my spotify and amazon account are set to UK. The problem started this morning. I can listen on the echo to anything I manually request via my computer or mobile app, but alexa can't find anything by voice, whether in my library or not. Really annoying!

Highlighted

Regular

I went through Amazon support to try to fix this isue. After a while I was finally

requested to contact Spotify support as if the problem where theirs¿?

Highlighted

Regular

I don’t think it’s Spotify (though no expert). Try re-entering your UK address in Amazon (also - double check the country drop down as it had my UK address but the country set to US in the drop down at the top) then de-linking then re-linking your Spotify account in the Alexa app. 

On the Spotify side, I believe you need a Premium account - you may want to check your payment method has not expired as a final thought. 

Highlighted

In the US here and I'm having the same exact problem. Alexa will find some songs but other ones she will not be able to find them even though they are available in the spotify app. 

Example: I can say Alexa play songs by Mariah Carey and she will start playing the songs starting with a Christmas song. If I say, play Mariah Carey Merry Christmas she will say I can't find any songs by Mariah Carey. Super frustrating since I just reupped my sub.

Highlighted

Today I unregistered my Echo (#2)  and re registered it in my husband’s account. Now it won’t stream music at all. So I put it back in my acct and it works. Why is that? I already have echo#1 in MY acct and want my second one under husband’s acct..so frustrating! 

Highlighted

Last week Alexa suddenly stopped finding songs on Spotify, although I can play them through the app. We did move country over the last year, and have changed Amazon countries, but everything worked fine until last week. 

I tried resetting, deregistering, and changing country and location settings, but nothing works. I blame Spotify. Please fix, or I'll need to change music services.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

HI, I;m having this issue too. My Echo is in the Netherlands but is registered as German (helps me get the right weather forecast as I am right on the border). Like most others here it worked fine until just over a week ago (as far as I'm aware). I tried unregistering and re-registering but no joy.

Highlighted

Regular
Your echo needs to be registered in the country it is in.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I can't do that. The Netherlands is not an option, and that's where I am. If this had always been the case I would mind, but up until two weeks ago it worked fine.

SUGGESTED POSTS