Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Quality control

[Android][Other] Quality control

I listen to three albums every night. Lately I keep coming across at least one every night that has a problem whether it skips or has 5-minute gaps in the middle of a song. The biggest problem I have is every song on an album tends to be at a different volume level on one or two albums a night now. Used to only be a problem occasionally. As an audiophile this is unacceptable it is not that I have the normalize button click I don't want a computer deciding the volume I want the engineer of the album deciding the volume of each song.

3 Replies

There used to be a native equalizer in the app, but it was removed after not many people used it. If you look for Equalizer ideas, you can see most of them have been turned down for this exact reason. It's sad because I want it back too but Spotify only has so many people and they're not going to invest in something a minimal amount of people are ever going to notice.

P.S. I hear it too sometimes, but you get used to it.

Hi there @morbidbanjo,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community! 

We've moved your idea submission to the help boards as it doesn't follow the idea submission guidelines.

We'll be happy to lend you a helping hand with adjusting the music quality of the songs in different albums. 

Feel free to take a look at this article and follow the steps. Let us know what you've done and if it helped 🙂 

Have a wonderful day! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

this isn't an equalizer problem this is literally different volumes for
different songs on the other end. all the quality is turned up I download
the songs so there's no interruptions. even when you get some albums the
album covers change to other albums because they're using different ones.
This is not all the time but that does happen. I'm just concerned because
it's happening more frequent. Music is my escape, this actually brings
attention to the quality. Thank you for giving an option but it's not the
one I'm looking for.

Suggested posts