Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App doesn't stream on cellular connection

App doesn't stream on cellular connection

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020, and my friend has a Lumia 520. We both have the same issue.

We can only stream music via WiFi. 3G doesn't work. Offline playlists are great and all, but only go so far. I'd really like to not pay for Xbox Music because it takes forever to start streaming anything.

I've tried rebooting and reinstalling several times. I even tried the Shrink Storage app, which actually did the trick...for like an hour or less.

4 Replies

Are you roaming or using a mobile network virtual operator?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I use an MNVO. Other people who use the same operator as I and are not on Windows Phone have no problem.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but due to this open bug Spotify on Windows Phone 8 does not currently work on MNVOs or when roaming.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That is pretty weak, and it actually enfuriates me that they took it out of beta with such an giant bug. MVNO's have insane marketshare.

It's like the company doesn't care about how their customers use their services. They even took forever to make an iPad app and that's saying something. I'm greatly disappointed in them and would stop using Spotify immediately if Xbox Music had a dekstop app.

Sorry for the rant 😕

Suggested posts