Appalling support (or lack of it) for Microsoft products.Why?

Highlighted

Appalling support (or lack of it) for Microsoft products.Why?

Music Fan

Yes I will be cancelling my subscription after the free month because :

1 Official Spotify Windows Phone 8 app poor and no connect to wifi speakers (eg Pioneer XW SMA series) unlike the iphone

2 No app for Windows 8.1  metro/ RT.

3 Spotify web site will not allow streaming to DLNA devices in Windows 8.1 RT or desktop (unlike e.g. BBC iplayer)

Spotify does work with Logitech Squeezebox (RIP) through a wonderful 3rd party app.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Appalling support (or lack of it) for Microsoft products.Why?

Roadie

The new spotify app that will be coming out for WIndows Phone 8.1 soon, is rumored to be a new Universal that will work with both Windows Phone and WinRT, but yeah I agree Spotify's support for Microsoft products has indeed been pretty lacking.

Highlighted

I've been waiting to move to Windows Phone, but won't do it until that sad excuse for an app that's currently on there is updated. Can't go from a freshly updated iOS version to that. FIX!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Am I missing something (the connect icon) or can you not even use Spotify connect to send music to my Yamaha AVR/Pioneer speaker from the OFFICIAL Spotify Windows 8 desktop program.  I think I will look at Deezer as Microsoft product support cannot be any worse than this.

Community Legend
Spotify Connect is not yet available in Spotify Desktop on any platform - but it should be added in the future.

Spotify have confirmed Windows Phone updates are coming soon:
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS