Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Airport Express Airplay not found in Spotify app or desktop

Apple Airport Express Airplay not found in Spotify app or desktop

Hi,

I've been trying to setup my Airport Express as a Music station. A few years back this was working perfectly. I could find my Airport via Airplay in Spotify, but now I can not find it anymore. I've reset all settings and reconfigured the airport. Updated the firmware, checked my LG mobile Spotify app and my Desktop spotify app. But none were shoing the airplay device. I know the netword is working cause I can find my Nvidia Shield's "SpotifyConnect"  and even my LG from my PC and viceversa.

Just the Airport Express is not showing up anywhere. 

Is this a bug, or is Spotify just not supporting these airplay devices anymore?

4 Replies

I've noticed that my Airport Airplay is showing up on an iPAD tablet. But not om my Spotify on my PC. 

Did somehow Spotify remove this support of Airplay devices from their software?

I am experiencing the same issue. my airport express linked speakers show up on my phone, but not on my macbook. This is really annoying. 

I hope spotify is quick in resolving this issue. 

Got exactly the same problem. Running Spotify v1.0.66.478.g1296534d in macOS 10.13 and my airport express is not displayed in the list of available devices in the Spotify app.

The Airport express is available in the iTunes app and also in System prefs > Sound. It would be nice to know if Airplay is supposed to be supported but isn´t due to a bug or if it is no longer supported at all.

Same problem. Double checked everything. Airport Express shows up in Spotify on iPhone, but not anymore in Spotify on MacBook and iMac. Not nice. Used to work perfectly. Indeed System Pref - Sounds does show Airplay on AirPort Express.

Spotify: please help!

Suggested posts