Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

Stuxm
Casual Listener

Hi all

i have  just bought an Apple Watch and added Spotify add however it will not find my Bluetooth headphones 

the headphones have been added via bluetooth to the watch but in Spotify when I go into connect to device they do not show and I can only select my echo device 

any help appreciated 

23 Replies

Re: Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

CzJohn
Casual Listener

Hey man-

I could be wrong on this, but I just got an Apple Watch 4 as well, and I cannot stream to the device either UNLESS my phone is on and nearby. I can stream music to my Airpods and my Bose Soundsport Headphones that I imported on to the Apple Watch from my iTunes library, but I cannot stream from Spotify or iHeart Radio. All that to say, I believe it's a limitation of the Spotify App.

Alondrarl

I have the exact same problem. 

I can only play from my iwatch into my phone no matter which Bluetooth devices are paired with the watch the Spotify app only shows me the phone. 

Very disapointing. 

I hope they solve this issue soon other wise the app for the watch is pointless. 

Stuxm
Casual Listener

I’ve found it will connect to the headphones through the iPhone ( if you connect headphones through your iPhone settings)  and then you can use Spotify from your watch.  However this means I have to have my iPhone on me all the time when I really just want to play from my watch without having my phone on me 

Stuxm
Casual Listener

Yes I am ok playing iTunes with headphones only but I only have limited songs on iTunes whereas i pay for spotify premium and that’s my music player of choice 

CzJohn
Casual Listener

Yep...I hear you. Same with me. Let’s hope Apple/Spotify/and other streaming services get this rectified.

julieg1

I bought the apple watch mostly because Spotify was now available on it and I wanted to exercise without my phone. There was no indication that I could not play music through my bluetooth headphones prior to purchase or reading the spotify website.  I am devastated. Does anyone know when this problem will be fixed?

Thank you

I just got an Apple Watch 4 and have the same issue. I'm surprised that the Spotify app apparently doesn't recognize Any bluetooth playback device, in fact I find it confusing.. I CAN see all manner of other devices in my home - 2 Denon stereo receivers, 3 Sony Blu-Ray players, etc. But NO Apple PowerBeats3 Headphones. Really odd. How come I have to have my phone with me to stream music to my Apple Headphones from my Apple Watch?! Please help! I am really hoping that you update the Spotify app soon to support this - otherwise I just lost one of the 2 main use cases I purchased my Apple Watch for (the other being Maps, for running, which works fine).

Phishin

I also got the series 4 thinking I could put downloaded Spotify songs on the device and play from my watch without having my phone with me.  Is there a fix for this or maybe at least a fix in the works?

Jnsmartt2009
Casual Listener

Yeah, come on, Spotify. Might as well transfer my music and membership to apple music so I can play from my watch without my phone. Get your app together. Should not take this long to find a soluation to the same complaint from everyone that should’ve been common sense in the first place....

SUGGESTED POSTS