Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

Re: Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

jareddk

Hopefully this helps:

Something I have found is that, when you are using the spotify app on your watch, it replaces the "now playing" widget at the top of the screen while in use. It does not look like there is a dedicated "now playing" app on the watch however you can add the "now playing" complication to any watch face and access "now playing" through there... the spotify app does not really show all bluetooth connections BUT the "now playing" screen DOES show my bluetooth headphones and gives me the opportunity to control what is playing on my iphone, bluetooth headphones (rowkin micro ascent), and my apple tv. This is really a temporary fix i have found since the spotify app has some definite cons such as incomplete sound output control (i.e. not showing bluetooth headphones) as well as not being able to download anything to your watch effectively making it just a glorified spotify remote controller......

P.S. "now playing" is automatically on your watch... it's not a downloadable app just in case anyone is wondering. just cycle through your complications options when customizing the watch faces to find it.

Hey @Stuxm and the rest,

Currently you need your iPhone nearby if you'd like to use the Apple Watch. You keep your earphones connected to your iPhone and use the Apple Watch as a remote.

There is an active idea in the Ideas Exchange where you can vote for. Check it out here.

Hope this clears some things up. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

bisforbarnaby

90% of the reason i bought the apple watch was to track runs (Strava) and listen to music (Spotify) WITHOUT my iPhone. 

On realising that i couldn't do this with my Spotify account, the first thing i googled  was "apple music subscription price". Suggest Spotify prioritise fixing this.... 

Apple has sold over 40 million Apple Watches... a lot of customers at risk.  

Andi_H
Casual Listener

Soory, it does not help. No BT Headphones with Apple Watch and Spotify.   🤨🤨

Andi_H
Casual Listener

This is just so disappointing. For me there is no added value in a Spotify App on my Apple Watch without using BT Headphones.

marty889-CA

I also just bought a pair of bluetooth headphones to use with my iWatch.  I was shocked I could not use them.  I will seriously consider moving over to Apple music if they allow that connection to work.  I don't want my phone with me to go jogging.  

Desensitized

I was dissapointed when I found out that the Spotify Apple Watch app is basically a remote for the app on your phone. 

It would be helpful to know if Spotify has programmers working on adding audio support. I can imagine developing a full fledged audio streaming app would take a considerable amount of time. 

In the meantime you can use iTunes to load some music for solo workouts.

Cindylara216
Visitor

I just got my watch and I’m having the same problem 😤 I’m not happy about this. 

dkaye

total**bleep** but I blame apple not spotify, apple music works without a phone no problem lol

Still pretty **bleep** however

Michiganrunner

Same issue.  Just purchased apple watch with same intent and now same issue.  

I chatted with Apple watch support.  They said it is an issue with Spotify.  We need to contact Spotify app developer to have them resolved.  Yeah...right !!

SUGGESTED POSTS