Announcements

Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

Solved!
Guido
Spotify Legend

Hey @Stuxm and the rest,

Currently you need your iPhone nearby if you'd like to use the Apple Watch. You keep your earphones connected to your iPhone and use the Apple Watch as a remote.

There is an active idea in the Ideas Exchange where you can vote for. Check it out here.

Hope this clears some things up. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Highlighted

Re: Apple Watch Bluetooth headphone connection

Casual Listener
Spotify does work with apple airpods. I think it’s more an apple problem that that’s the only connecting device that plays it
Highlighted

Casual Listener

AMEN

Highlighted

Visitor
i have the same problem with bose soundsport free. maybe it could work with beats too.
Highlighted

This is really disappointing, every other Apple Watch app can connect to headphones without having a phone nearby. The reason I got my watch was to excercise without taking my phone. Just checked out Apple Music for the first time and it looks better than Spotify already! Have set it up and about to cancel my Spotify. You’ve lost a loyal customer of 5+ years for not properly supporting your Apple Watch app. What a shame - I know I’m not the only one just from reading this thread.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It is absolutely ridiculous. Spotify please fix this and communicate on the topic. I am going to be looking at Apple Music...

Highlighted

I‘m using spotify premium now for years. But now I‘m having a apple watch to run without a smartphone and listen to music and now I must realize that spotify doesn‘t support to use headphones without the smartphone on apple watch. I can‘t believe that. I wait one month longer and if nothing happened me and my girlfriend will change to apple music!!! That’s ridiculous!!!

Highlighted

Visitor

It's been years. I'm now evaluating apple music. I wonder how many user you loosed in those years, and how many you will loose before you react.

Or maybe you don't care about loosing paying customers...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Did you ever think that, THAT was the exact intention. Apple has very strict control over the apps they allow on their devices. My guess is that there were certain restrictions in the deal for the Spotify app for Apple Watch that forced it to work this way. *Apple allows Spotify to create an app for the watch -Win for Spotify. BUT, with the stipulation that it can only play through certain devices, causing people to consider changing to Apple Music. Win for Apple.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I came here looking for a solution too, but if you think about it, (1)Who has the ultimate say in how apps can, and cannot function on Apple devices? Apple does. (2)Who benefits the most from Spotify not being able to function the way we expected? Clearly Apple does. Looks like they win again. Smh
Highlighted

Casual Listener

No, there's been a statement released by Apple saying that that's not the case and so many other apps are doing it so I don't see Spotify being specifically blocked by Apple

SUGGESTED POSTS