Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Archive Spotify managed Playlists

Archive Spotify managed Playlists

Hello everyone,

I have run into a bit of trouble recently with a spotify playlist. Note this is a playlist managed specifically by spotify and not an artist. I followed the playlist and listened to the songs for a few months until one day spotify updates the playlist. In with the new and out with the old. Sadly i cannot recall some tracks that dissapeared so i decided to ask customer support. Now here is where is gets interesting. Spotify does not keep any record or history changes to its managed playlists. Customer support couldnt help. Now some of you might say well just look at your recently played tracks in the que, what happens when its not. Recently played tracks only keep the most recent 50 songs and if you burn through another playlist at the gym or studying you are kind of stuck. So im asking anyone if there is a way, of finding a song that has dissapeared from a spotify managed playlist with no backedup history for customer service to help. 99% sure im up a particular creek with no paddle so i hope the devs implement a solution for people like me. Alaways save a song you really like to your own library. Dont rely on Spotify managed playlists as you might find one day the song you really like.. Is gone for good.

1 Reply

Hi @Merxia and welcome to the Community! 🙂

I can totally understand your situation. And I'm just curious if you have ever heard of Last.Fm? I started using this site almost 2 years ago since I wanted to track all my listening in real time. I find it the most useful for looking back at any artists I may have randomly found in Spotify but didn't save. It's definitely come in handy for historical reference, but I'm also just a "junkie" for music stats and like to see how much I really consume. 🙂
On the downside, it won't log your past listening if you've never connected it before. But if you haven't checked it out I find it to be the best integration tool with Spotify.

Have a wonderful day! 😄

Suggested posts