NEXT STEP

Artist given two artist profiles

Artist given two artist profiles

Plan

Free

Country

UK

My Question or Issue

The artist Kanako Itō (いとうかなこ) has been separated into two different artists, with exactly the same name, but different songs (all by the same artist) who’s profiles I shall link:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1ioBqDTNhnBVubB4ceQ7AI?si=FgSc6JyKSfuWGZ_Xb5Tgkg

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2d12dVIZQZk9CKhEsezaoN?si=iRhmjYawRgOP7K3TVhG4Uw

I believe there are other artists with similar issues, but this stood out for me. It would be most helpful if this rectified.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @Ciar08.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you find content on Spotify which is incorrect, use the following steps to report this:

1. Go to our submission form.
  2. Choose I want to report a broken song or wrong song information.
  3. Click I STILL NEED HELP.
  4. Find the URI of the content:
    1. Open the desktop app and go to the track/album/artist you wish to report as incorrect.
    2. Click  and select Share.
    3. Hover over Share, then click Copy Spotify URI. The code is copied to your clipboard.
    4. Paste the URI into the relevant field of the submission form and fill in the other details. Click SEND QUESTION.

Note: The URI looks like this: spotify:track:4uLU6hMCjMI75M1A2tKUQC. It’s not the same as a standard Spotify link, which starts with open.spotify.com.

Or, if you're an artist, you can work with your label/distributor to fix errors.

Let us know if something does not work or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Does it have to be the desktop app? I don’t have access to it as of right now.

Hey @Ciar08,

Thanks for the reply!

No it doesn't have to be the desktop app, you can also get the URI through another device.

The same steps apply: 

1. Click  and select Share.
  2. Then tap Copy Link. The code is copied to your clipboard.
  3. Paste the link into the relevant field of the submission form and fill in the other details. Click SEND QUESTION.

Let us know if that works! 🙂

Suggested posts