Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

Solved!

Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

tomball92
Casual Listener

Question:

Hey all, I have been listening to some playlists on spotify (Hype and also Sub Low for example) and have noticed that they are auto crossfading songs - I dont seem to be able to stop this from happening. This happens on both pc and android. I was wondering if there is a way to stop this from happening so I can listen to the full songs in the playlist?

I have made sure that my crossfading is turned off in my spotify app settings.  

Thanks! 

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

android and windows laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

Hey @tomball92.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is some playlists we have created and mixed together for you. These playlists are auto crossfading and you can't switch this off. You can however drag all songs into one of your own playlists and decide if you'd like to cross fade or not.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Solution!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

We really appreciate all your feedback about this.

If you would also prefer to have all playlists without Crossfade, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and comments in this existing Community idea. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates we have regarding this.

You can also check here for more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify.

In the meanwhile, a workaround is to create a playlist like @Guido suggested including the songs that you'd like to listen to without the Crossfade effect.

Hope this helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
30 Replies
Solution!

Hey @tomball92.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is some playlists we have created and mixed together for you. These playlists are auto crossfading and you can't switch this off. You can however drag all songs into one of your own playlists and decide if you'd like to cross fade or not.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

tomball92
Casual Listener

Thanks for the help! 

Shame it cannot be changed in the original playlist, as I like to keep updated with new sonsg that are added. Turning off autofade would be a ncie addition from spotify in the future.

cheers 

Tom 

Updated playlists 'by Spotify'

Zach24

I've recently been listening to this Hype playlist by spotify and I think that the playlist has been updated today which has removed a song that I've been listening to.

It's not within my last 50 songs when I review my history and all I can remember is the album/song cover but I can't remember much more, it's a light red background with a gold watch.. pretty simple but I can't find it anywhere! Any ideas? Thanks!

deltronzee
Casual Listener

Thanks for just deciding this for me. How about you make this a feature you can toggle? If you need to make money off of it, then just for Premium subscribers...

You had ONE JOB, Spotify...

Highlighted

JLAATW

Can y’all update it to have the option to turn it on and off. You’re causing us to miss parts of the beginning and end and it disrupts the flow of the song. Not only that but when switching songs while driving creates a delay in changing instead of seamless transitions. Im not a fan. 

Your response says says to create our own playlist if we don’t like it... but y’all LITERALLY created this playlist for us-the users. If we create our own playlist it won’t get updated as y’all update yours and we have to continuously to check back to see if a new song was added. So it seems like unnecessary work for something that y’all are forcing on us. 

Felixguett

Wow that‘s the worst response to the stupidest issue ever. If anyone would want that (I don‘t know why anyone would, but whatever) they could toggle it in settings - why force this on paying customers wth?

jpaulw

This is a really annoying "feature". Please make that go away again, it pretty much ruins those playlists.

AzureCrux
Casual Listener

The "solution" proposed is not a good one. I +1 the request to have this an option to flip on and off. 

On most playlists I actually enjoy the mixing, but the playlist "Bass Arcade" is just *awful* to listen to because of the automixing. It's jarring and puts together songs of completely different tempos and vibes. You don't auto mix into a G Jones track... have some respect lol

Ariake
Regular

This is just a horrible solution. You just skip the entire end of songs and the entire beginning of others!!! How bad this is! Finally, you overwrite user-preferences!! Seriously guys, this looks more like a bug than like a feature.

SUGGESTED POSTS