Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

Solved!

Re: Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

marcelotedeschi

Agreed here. Really terrible "feature". More like, let's decrease playback time so users hear more songs and we get more money.

UnalignedAccess

I don't know how but can we open a ticket or something for this feature? I have been listening to certain playlists for a certain time now and I really hate this auto crossfading that you forced to us. And the solution you propose is really not a solution for me. The goal of a premade playlist is to play it and not care to update new entries. I will not copy the playlist each time it updates. I am paying premium to listen to complete songs and not to listen songs missing the first 30 sec.

Thank you

Dalvers

Sounds like I'm in the minority but I actually love this feature!!  Yes, some mixes aren't super smooth but in most cases they work quite well.  

AzureCrux
Casual Listener

A great feature it is, but not every playlist is put together well enough for the automixing to be good. The playlist composition is good but it's mix-incompatible, so I'd like to be able to turn off the auto mix feature to still be able to enjoy the playlists

Highlighted

tiago_pimenta

Feature totally useless ... If there is a user setting where he chooses to disable this feature, how can a playlist override a user's personal resource? I guarantee that this implementation was a trainee who did !!!

Ariake
Regular

flavioescobar

Can't believe they made this in a way we can't disable on some playlists... Missing the start and end of some songs is critical and we should always have the ability to choose if we want this or not. Shame on you, Spotify...

Auto crossfading in playlists

Wonginism
Regular

What really needs to be made is a create duplicate playlist function it is a one button approach that fixes many things. If a song is removed from a playlist you have your own archived version or if you want to create a version that obeys your crossfade preferences.

ZayDrey

This is ridiculous, I’ve literally been going crazy thinking it was just phone do this and was going to cancel my Spotify subscription because it was pissing me off , I don’t know why anyone would think it’s a good idea to cross fade songs together like that, it’s the most irritating thing in the world. Who wants to have to create a new playlist because Spotify chose this option for us.

SeanNijjar

This feature was implemented pretty awfully in my opinion. The mixes sound terrible and are quite abrupt and the songs aren't being played start to finish. This needs a toggle option.

SUGGESTED POSTS