Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

Solved!

Auto crossfading in playlists - how to stop this?

Question:

Hey all, I have been listening to some playlists on spotify (Hype and also Sub Low for example) and have noticed that they are auto crossfading songs - I dont seem to be able to stop this from happening. This happens on both pc and android. I was wondering if there is a way to stop this from happening so I can listen to the full songs in the playlist?

I have made sure that my crossfading is turned off in my spotify app settings.  

Thanks! 

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

android and windows laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tomball92.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is some playlists we have created and mixed together for you. These playlists are auto crossfading and you can't switch this off. You can however drag all songs into one of your own playlists and decide if you'd like to cross fade or not.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community regarding this!

We really appreciate all your feedback about this.

If you would also prefer to have all playlists without Crossfade, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and comments in this existing Community idea. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates we have regarding this.

You can also check here for more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify.

In the meanwhile, a workaround is to create a playlist like @Guido suggested including the songs that you'd like to listen to without the Crossfade effect.

Hope this helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @tomball92.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is some playlists we have created and mixed together for you. These playlists are auto crossfading and you can't switch this off. You can however drag all songs into one of your own playlists and decide if you'd like to cross fade or not.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the help! 

Shame it cannot be changed in the original playlist, as I like to keep updated with new sonsg that are added. Turning off autofade would be a ncie addition from spotify in the future.

cheers 

Tom 

I've recently been listening to this Hype playlist by spotify and I think that the playlist has been updated today which has removed a song that I've been listening to.

It's not within my last 50 songs when I review my history and all I can remember is the album/song cover but I can't remember much more, it's a light red background with a gold watch.. pretty simple but I can't find it anywhere! Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks for just deciding this for me. How about you make this a feature you can toggle? If you need to make money off of it, then just for Premium subscribers...

You had ONE JOB, Spotify...

Can y’all update it to have the option to turn it on and off. You’re causing us to miss parts of the beginning and end and it disrupts the flow of the song. Not only that but when switching songs while driving creates a delay in changing instead of seamless transitions. Im not a fan. 

Your response says says to create our own playlist if we don’t like it... but y’all LITERALLY created this playlist for us-the users. If we create our own playlist it won’t get updated as y’all update yours and we have to continuously to check back to see if a new song was added. So it seems like unnecessary work for something that y’all are forcing on us. 

Wow that‘s the worst response to the stupidest issue ever. If anyone would want that (I don‘t know why anyone would, but whatever) they could toggle it in settings - why force this on paying customers wth?

This is a really annoying "feature". Please make that go away again, it pretty much ruins those playlists.

The "solution" proposed is not a good one. I +1 the request to have this an option to flip on and off. 

On most playlists I actually enjoy the mixing, but the playlist "Bass Arcade" is just *awful* to listen to because of the automixing. It's jarring and puts together songs of completely different tempos and vibes. You don't auto mix into a G Jones track... have some respect lol

This is just a horrible solution. You just skip the entire end of songs and the entire beginning of others!!! How bad this is! Finally, you overwrite user-preferences!! Seriously guys, this looks more like a bug than like a feature.

Agreed here. Really terrible "feature". More like, let's decrease playback time so users hear more songs and we get more money.

I don't know how but can we open a ticket or something for this feature? I have been listening to certain playlists for a certain time now and I really hate this auto crossfading that you forced to us. And the solution you propose is really not a solution for me. The goal of a premade playlist is to play it and not care to update new entries. I will not copy the playlist each time it updates. I am paying premium to listen to complete songs and not to listen songs missing the first 30 sec.

Thank you

Sounds like I'm in the minority but I actually love this feature!!  Yes, some mixes aren't super smooth but in most cases they work quite well.  

A great feature it is, but not every playlist is put together well enough for the automixing to be good. The playlist composition is good but it's mix-incompatible, so I'd like to be able to turn off the auto mix feature to still be able to enjoy the playlists

Feature totally useless ... If there is a user setting where he chooses to disable this feature, how can a playlist override a user's personal resource? I guarantee that this implementation was a trainee who did !!!

Can't believe they made this in a way we can't disable on some playlists... Missing the start and end of some songs is critical and we should always have the ability to choose if we want this or not. Shame on you, Spotify...

What really needs to be made is a create duplicate playlist function it is a one button approach that fixes many things. If a song is removed from a playlist you have your own archived version or if you want to create a version that obeys your crossfade preferences.

This is ridiculous, I’ve literally been going crazy thinking it was just phone do this and was going to cancel my Spotify subscription because it was pissing me off , I don’t know why anyone would think it’s a good idea to cross fade songs together like that, it’s the most irritating thing in the world. Who wants to have to create a new playlist because Spotify chose this option for us.

This feature was implemented pretty awfully in my opinion. The mixes sound terrible and are quite abrupt and the songs aren't being played start to finish. This needs a toggle option.

Suggested posts