Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatically change greyed out musics

Automatically change greyed out musics

I know the reason why some musics are greyed out on spotify, but I was wondering if there was anyway to find an alternative music for each of them.

I explain: I added at some point 'jealous guy' from John Lennon, and the music I added is now not available anymore, but when I search on spotify 'Jealous guy John Lennon', I see the music is available but with the title 'Jealous guy - Remastered 2010'.

So the only option that I see is for me to delete the greyed song in my playlist and add the available one. The thing is I have over 2000 songs in my playlist, and it could take me a very long time.

Is there a way to automate this?

And is there a way to show only the unavailable songs on spotify?

5 Replies

Hey @KingTrompe! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Unfortunately there is no way to automate this.

You could try to search for similiar playlists like yours and copy and paste the songs that you want into your playlist.

There is currently no sort option that allows you to show only unavailable tracks. 

Hope this helps. ^^

Peace

Seriously?!

This has been a problem for years now. Those Playlists are pretty much the only reason I'm still a paying subscriber because I have invested so much time in building them. If I have to keep rebuilding them over and over, re-adding songs that have been greyed out but are still available (not even another version - same song *exactly* on the same album) I am done. Why all the smokescreen about licenses and zero CS support? At this point it's worth it to just start rebuilding those Playlists on another platform. 200 strikes and I'm out..  

Screenshot_20210501-132553_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210501-132452_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @GoneApostate

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know which playlists are you having this issue with? 

Also, are you seeing these greyed out songs in all your devices? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also have the same problem, is there a fix?

Hey @jonmoi,

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us if this is happening on all your devices?

Also, send us links to some of the music which appears grayed out for you and let us know how often this is happening.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts