Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay is disabled but keeps playing on Yamaha MusicCast (Spotify Connect)

Autoplay is disabled but keeps playing on Yamaha MusicCast (Spotify Connect)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Yamaha MusicCast devices (WX-030, WX-010, ISX-18D, ISX-80), controlled by Android or Windows App

Operating System

Yamaha latest firmware (Firmware version varies by device, all Yamaha API v2.08), Android 11 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have autoplay disabled on my Spotify Account, and this is respected whenever I play music through my phone or desktop computer. But when I use Spotify Connect to play the music through any of my Yamaha MusicCast devices, initiated through the same account on my phone or desktop computer, autoplay starts when the music finishes and the play queue is empty. I've reported this to Yamaha but they've told me to raise it with Spotify. Is this a Spotify issue or a Yamaha issue?

3 Replies

Hey @jamesmelville,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if the issue persists, once you've performed a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on all devices? This tends to solve connectivity issues like the one you're experiencing. 

Keep in mind that the device models that support Spotify Connect are subject to change. You can find and up-to date list here. If yours aren't listed, it's expected behavior that such issues come about. A possible workaround could be to connect them via Bluetooth or cable to your phone or computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello jamesmelville and mihail,

The same problem occurs with my Yamaha WXAD-10 MusicCast device.

I have a premium account for 10 years and never noticed this problem as I connected my amplifier through the headphones jack. The Yamaha MusicCast however is an enormous improvement in sound quality.

During normal playback through my iphone I get the following settings menu:

SpotifySettingsOnIPhone.png

Here it is possible to enter the "Playback" menu and turn autoplay off:

SpotifySettingsOnIPhonePlayback.png

Below is the Settings menu again but now when playing on the MusicCast device as can be denoted from the green speaker icon. The menu is reordered and some settings have been grayed out. And as can be seen the Playback option is now grayed out. 

SpotifySettingsOnMusicCast.png

And as the OP states, after playing my own playlist random suggestions are placed in the Queue.

I tested this by playing the last song of an album and forwarded to the last seconds and wait to see what happens when the song finishes:

* Playing on my IPhone it returns to the first song of the album and stops.

* Playing on my MusicCast it start playing Spotify suggestions.

The annoying part was that after I played some Mongolian classical hard-rock after spotify started playing Irish folkmusic. This really destroyed my state of being/moment of zen.

I searched in the MucicCast API and could not find a command to toggle the AutoPlay setting.

I also turned off my Phone/turned of the wifi and the music keeps playing suggesting that the MusicCast is playing the songs from Spotify by itself.

Maybe a work-around is to download the songs locally or use Apple airplay, which requires my phone to play the songs and not the MusicCast spotify app, might be a work around.  I have not tried these yet.

Hey there @iwantwothree,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Currently the Autoplay function seems to remain enabled always when using the Connect feature, and this is valid for other users as well.  We have another similar thread here where this has been widely discussed, so you might get more information about the situation from the top answer there.  Also, you can follow the Idea Suggestion presented there, and also subscribe to receive updates on the topic.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts