Announcements
It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Get more info over here.

Autoplay is disabled but keeps playing on Yamaha MusicCast (Spotify Connect)

Autoplay is disabled but keeps playing on Yamaha MusicCast (Spotify Connect)

jamesmelville

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Yamaha MusicCast devices (WX-030, WX-010, ISX-18D, ISX-80), controlled by Android or Windows App

Operating System

Yamaha latest firmware (Firmware version varies by device, all Yamaha API v2.08), Android 11 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have autoplay disabled on my Spotify Account, and this is respected whenever I play music through my phone or desktop computer. But when I use Spotify Connect to play the music through any of my Yamaha MusicCast devices, initiated through the same account on my phone or desktop computer, autoplay starts when the music finishes and the play queue is empty. I've reported this to Yamaha but they've told me to raise it with Spotify. Is this a Spotify issue or a Yamaha issue?

1 Reply

Re: Autoplay is disabled but keeps playing on Yamaha MusicCast (Spotify Connect)

Mihail

Hey @jamesmelville,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if the issue persists, once you've performed a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on all devices? This tends to solve connectivity issues like the one you're experiencing. 

Keep in mind that the device models that support Spotify Connect are subject to change. You can find and up-to date list here. If yours aren't listed, it's expected behavior that such issues come about. A possible workaround could be to connect them via Bluetooth or cable to your phone or computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS