Premium family

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I start a playlist or shuffle my liked songs, either casting to Google Home or starting as a voice prompt from assistant on Google home, autoplay will not work. I have it on for the two accounts in my house, but music always stops at the end of the playlist. 

I frequently see people saying they can't turn it off, but mine is the exact opposite problem!

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Autoplay on Google Home not working

Casual Listener

Just popping in to say I am having exactly the same problem - did you find a solution to this by any chance?

I also have premium, and all devices are set to autoplay, but when playing through google home or chromecast audio the music stops at the end of album or playlist.

It definitely used to work, and like you I can only find people struggling to turn it off!

Highlighted

Regular

I haven't really tested this, but I believe I was informed that for autoplay to work, you can't shuffle the playlist. If you start it from the beginning, it should autoplay. 

While that's at least some resolution, it seems to me that autoplay should function regardless of whether shuffle is active or not.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks for the reply, but that's not the case for me. Doesn't matter if it's an album or playlist, played in order or on shuffle, the music always stops at the end. I have autoplay enabled on Spotify.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Just to add, after reading something on reddit, if I select a single track to play then autoplay will kick in after that one track. Just not after a whole album or playlist.

It definitely used to work, and it's only just stopped working in the last month or two... Very annoying, I used to use that feature loads without even thinking about it.

A solution from Spotify would be greatly appreciated.
SUGGESTED POSTS