Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Awful discover weekly playlists

Awful discover weekly playlists

For the past few weeks now I have been getting awful song suggestions on my Discover Weekly Playlists. For a month now I've been getting a few Indonesian and Filipino songs which of neither ethnic groups. I generally don't listen to covers of songs but I've also been getting awful covers from random Youtube singers as well as people from "The Voice".

For the past two weeks I've been trying desperately to change my listening trends, especially by listening to different styles of music (like Japanese Indie) just to see if my results on Discover Weekly would change but this week seems to have the worst songs. I ended up getting "Here Comes the Sun" by The Kids Pop Covers.

People always say to listen to the styles of music you like and hope it adjusts but I do listen to the music that I enjoy and every Monday I end up with the complete opposite. 

2 Replies

Hello, @pausitivity!

You are correct that the Spotify Discover Weekly playlist is based on your music interests and experience, but it is actually more complex than that. The playlist also shows you music that other people listen to when they listened to the same kind of music you did.  Sadly, I feel that there is nothing you can do about the music that pops up here weekly, since it is completely randomised, except hope for the best! If you really are unhappy with the music selection, you could always unfollow the playlist instead.

Let me know how this turns out, hopefully the music adjusts to your preferences! 🙂

So it's been a week and I've been trying to change the music that I've been listening to but unfortunately for this week I'm still getting music that I don't personally listen to (random ethnic songs). I feel as though my account is being hacked or utilized somewhere else but at the moment I'm unable to change my password and I'm unsure why. 

Suggested posts