Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] BlackBerry 9800?

Solved!

[BB] BlackBerry 9800?

Hi,

I had to switch back from a Premium service to a free because I couldn't find the Spotify version for my device! How is it possible that it's available for OLD BlackBerry's but not for relatively new models? Is there an app coming for this device? If not, my premium service is utterly useless, and I'll reverse back to the free version.

I can't believe it, I was starting to love Spotify. Please tell me there's an updated version coming out for this device!

Has anyone an idea about this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello morganmoller,

I've run into the same problem, until I've found out, that it's working.

Here is the instruction:

1) Go via your browser on the Torch to http://m.spofity.com

2) You'll receive a message that your device is not being supported. Don't worry...

3) As you can see on the screen, the last sentence is saying: "You can manually select your device from the list of deveices Spotify Mobile works with."

4) Click on "manually select your device".

5) Wait for the next screen and select there "BlackBerry (non-CDMA)".

6) Click on "Go".

7) Wait for installation.

😎 Enjoy Spotify 🙂 (login data are the same as for your facebook account)

Two issues, I've encountered:

a) it works only via Wi-Fi or BIS. Without a BIS data plan, you won't be able to access Spotify on the road, except you're online via a Wi-Fi hotspot.

b) it is sometimes slow, however no hang-ups.

It's working really flawlessly regarding music quality. Streaming and syncing music are working fine as well. It is featuring an offline mode as well, so you can avoid being billed accidently by your network provider

I hope, I was able to help you with that solution. Maybe a mod can "sticky" this thread, as a lot of my friends and colleagues had the same issue with the Torch.

Best regards

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

http://spotify-mobile.en.softonic.com/blackberry/download

Literally just downloaded it onto my 9800 and it's working perfectly. Use your phones web browser to open the page and download direct. It may take a couple of tries but once installed works like a dream. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello morganmoller,

I've run into the same problem, until I've found out, that it's working.

Here is the instruction:

1) Go via your browser on the Torch to http://m.spofity.com

2) You'll receive a message that your device is not being supported. Don't worry...

3) As you can see on the screen, the last sentence is saying: "You can manually select your device from the list of deveices Spotify Mobile works with."

4) Click on "manually select your device".

5) Wait for the next screen and select there "BlackBerry (non-CDMA)".

6) Click on "Go".

7) Wait for installation.

😎 Enjoy Spotify 🙂 (login data are the same as for your facebook account)

Two issues, I've encountered:

a) it works only via Wi-Fi or BIS. Without a BIS data plan, you won't be able to access Spotify on the road, except you're online via a Wi-Fi hotspot.

b) it is sometimes slow, however no hang-ups.

It's working really flawlessly regarding music quality. Streaming and syncing music are working fine as well. It is featuring an offline mode as well, so you can avoid being billed accidently by your network provider

I hope, I was able to help you with that solution. Maybe a mod can "sticky" this thread, as a lot of my friends and colleagues had the same issue with the Torch.

Best regards

Wow, thanks for that!

I was going bonkers trying to figure this one out, and couldn't believe the most iphone/android like blackberry wasn't compatible! Djeez!

Thanks a bunch!

They should make available for 3g though i wanna listent to spotify on my phone everwhere i dont get why its working with the old blackberrys but not with the new ones!? I think they should bring out an update so people like us with new blackberrys can listent to spotify everywhere!!!

Come on Spotify support team.......publish the soft to BB Torch 9800 please........

Indeed, this is alright for my 9860 ! 🙂

Hope we can see any appli next time ?

So I had to reinstall this app because my BB crashed. Upon reinstalling via the 'Non CDMA BlackBerry method' it doesn't work anymore. The app freezes on startup. 

I'm really fed up with this bull**bleep**-zero-support by Spotify. The 9800 isn't an old device. It's a recent smartphone, and the lack of support for this phone for almost 2 years is exasperating. Spotify's support is non-existant, it merely comprising of assholes telling you 'they appreciate your support and might consider the idea.' 

What they're basically telling you is 'Unless you've got iOS, go **bleep** yourself real hard."

And I have the app on my iPad, the Offline-function is as crappy as on any other device. 

Seriously Spotify. If you're going to charge 10$/month, get your **bleep** together and get things **bleep**ing working. 

Excuse my profanity, but after nearly 2 years my patience has reached it's end.

i have a question, when i put in the browser m.spotify.com the new interface of the page doesnt give much options for manual download and picking the device manually. i have searched but i can´t find any way for doing what you are describing. 

@kmroz wrote:

i have a question, when i put in the browser m.spotify.com the new interface of the page doesnt give much options for manual download and picking the device manually. i have searched but i can´t find any way for doing what you are describing. 

Hey! Welcome to the communtiy 🙂

The m.spotify.com website appears to have been removed when the main website recently was redesigned. 

We have brought this to the attention of the staff, but are still waiting to hear back about what happened to it. Have you tried downloading Spotify from BlackBerry World?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes, no chance to get it from APP World. the problem is that my fingers never relax and i uninstalled the spotify this morning thinking that i can install it back again as it was giving error. and bamm, my surprise was that i cant no longer. any chance of telling me how i can recuperate the app which was recently uninstalled, and not via App world?? thanks for your help. 

If you downloaded it manually from m.spotify.com the first time you might still have the install file on your phone.

Try going to Browser > Menu > Downloads and see if it is there. If not, I will try and chase this missing mobile site situation up this afternoon when I get home.

Peter

Peter

if i can say something about Blackberry is that when you uninstall something downloaded from a web page...it disappears FOREVER! hahaha nope...no trace of the installer. thank you so much for being helpful. if You found the installer somewhere of the version 05.03 You can write me directly to kmroz@aesa.es or find me in fbook https://www.facebook.com/kamila.mroz.98 

thanks again and have a nice day

@kmroz wrote:

if i can say something about Blackberry is that when you uninstall something downloaded from a web page...it disappears FOREVER! hahaha nope...no trace of the installer. thank you so much for being helpful. if You found the installer somewhere of the version 05.03 You can write me directly to kmroz@aesa.es or find me in fbook https://www.facebook.com/kamila.mroz.98 

thanks again and have a nice day

I do believe I have found it, would you be okay to give it a go? 

It appears that although the m.spotify.com page has been removed, the download links are still active.

Try going to http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad directly in your mobile browser.

Peter

Peter

sorry Peter, seems to have the access denied. but i have just found a direct link, by looking in google for Spotify.jad and it sent me to the web softonic where after clicking on nearly 100 links i could access to the correct address for download. thanks for Your help, i was starting to freak out 🙂

best regards

kamila 

Marked as solution

http://spotify-mobile.en.softonic.com/blackberry/download

Literally just downloaded it onto my 9800 and it's working perfectly. Use your phones web browser to open the page and download direct. It may take a couple of tries but once installed works like a dream. Hope this helps.

I need spotify blackberry 9900... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pay the suscription!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts