I had to switch back from a Premium service to a free because I couldn't find the Spotify version for my device! How is it possible that it's available for OLD BlackBerry's but not for relatively new models? Is there an app coming for this device? If not, my premium service is utterly useless, and I'll reverse back to the free version.
I can't believe it, I was starting to love Spotify. Please tell me there's an updated version coming out for this device!
Has anyone an idea about this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've run into the same problem, until I've found out, that it's working.
Here is the instruction:
1) Go via your browser on the Torch to http://m.spofity.com
2) You'll receive a message that your device is not being supported. Don't worry...
3) As you can see on the screen, the last sentence is saying: "You can manually select your device from the list of deveices Spotify Mobile works with."
4) Click on "manually select your device".
5) Wait for the next screen and select there "BlackBerry (non-CDMA)".
6) Click on "Go".
7) Wait for installation.
8) Enjoy Spotify :-) (login data are the same as for your facebook account)
Two issues, I've encountered:
a) it works only via Wi-Fi or BIS. Without a BIS data plan, you won't be able to access Spotify on the road, except you're online via a Wi-Fi hotspot.
b) it is sometimes slow, however no hang-ups.
It's working really flawlessly regarding music quality. Streaming and syncing music are working fine as well. It is featuring an offline mode as well, so you can avoid being billed accidently by your network provider
I hope, I was able to help you with that solution. Maybe a mod can "sticky" this thread, as a lot of my friends and colleagues had the same issue with the Torch.
Literally just downloaded it onto my 9800 and it's working perfectly. Use your phones web browser to open the page and download direct. It may take a couple of tries but once installed works like a dream. Hope this helps.