Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] BlackBerry offline mode

Solved!

[BB] BlackBerry offline mode

I recently upgraded to a premium account because the new BlackBerry app was available. The app has been working fine on my 9900, but not in offline mode. It cannot play syncked tracks, when not on wifi or 3g. Since I am a frequent traveler, I need the app to work in offline mode while flying or when roaming abroad. I have browsed several posts in this community, but my problem has not been solved. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Couple of things you could try here - 

In the Settings view (choose Settings from the Menu) there is a Reset Playlists option. Doing that will re-fetch all playlist information from the Spotify servers. If the reloading doesn't start automatically just restart the app to get it started.

Be aware that offline synced tracks will need to be synced again after this, but the data from before will be saved on your phone so it should be pretty fast.

Failing that, you might want to check the Port settings on your device. If it's a business device, check with your IT manager first. 

Options » Device » Application Management
Choose the Spotify app, then Edit Permissions. Connections settings are under the Connection tag.

Here, ensure that ports 4070, 443 and 80 are unblocked.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Same here, get the stupid 'Please check your network (WiFi, APN)' doesnt even let me login!!!! what a joke

I do get to log in. But the downloaded playlists are often no longer downloaded and therefore need to be downloaded again or just streamed. Often I don't see that the phone is streaming and not playing from a downloaded file. I am very exiceted to see my next phone bill from a trip abroad...

Hi, Offline mode doesn't work on my Blackberry 9900 either. Everything I have synced was a waste of time as it doesn't work.

Can this issue be confirmed, and can we have an estimate on when we can expect it to be fixed?

Having the same problems now, syncing worked for a few weeks but now it's not working at all. Tried to un-install, re-install, firewall has spotify as an exception so it isnt that either.

I havent changed anything at all on my computer or phone apart from a Blackberry software upgrade but that hasnt affected the internet connection or spotify app in anyway!

Please help!

Hi, same problem here. I have a blackberry bold 9900. App has always been inconsistent at best. Now it just won't change from offline mode. I've upgraded to latest version of app and tried to reload playlists from servers but its still stuck in offline mode so I am now paying for the premium service which gets me NOTHING! If there's no change or at least response from spotify I'm deleting and cancelling the 'service'.

Yesss! Same issue with me... 😞  ... it sucks I was able to "download" for offline mode two lists, but after that there's any other syncronisation possible... They need to fix this... I will go to unlimited again cause it's not worth it...

development under  bb platform seems not the first thing to think in for spotify 😞 

Marked as solution

Hey there.

Couple of things you could try here - 

In the Settings view (choose Settings from the Menu) there is a Reset Playlists option. Doing that will re-fetch all playlist information from the Spotify servers. If the reloading doesn't start automatically just restart the app to get it started.

Be aware that offline synced tracks will need to be synced again after this, but the data from before will be saved on your phone so it should be pretty fast.

Failing that, you might want to check the Port settings on your device. If it's a business device, check with your IT manager first. 

Options » Device » Application Management
Choose the Spotify app, then Edit Permissions. Connections settings are under the Connection tag.

Here, ensure that ports 4070, 443 and 80 are unblocked.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey all, I tried all the port unblocking etc but didn't work.

I emailed spotify and they reset my list of devices that have offline access. I only use 1 but apparently there were a few on there somehow. Once admin reset that I was able to resync all my playlists no problem 🙂

I think the main issue is my phone isn't in the supported devices list (even though they use the image on the website) until its fully supported I guess its going to be full of bugs. although having said that Tivo is a supported and that is terrible. who thought it would be a good idea to have no search function?

Both blackberries that I used were not "supported" btu they worked fine as hell. Offline playlists working fine, it must be a problem with their servers, they must reset it on their side probably. Startling to see how little they are actually doing about this. I too am having this problem being unable to download my offline playlists. 

What I don't like about this is that spotify are unreachable, no number to call for immediate service, just some ticket submission that seems unreliable at best and the forrum.

I think refunds are in order and I for one will be pursuing my refund as this takes the micky.  

Suggested posts