Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry 9300 OFFLINE MODE seems buggy

[BB] Blackberry 9300 OFFLINE MODE seems buggy

When I'm listending to Spotify in OFFLINE mode over my car's bluetooth it cuts out when I reach a cell-phone dead spot.

I thought the whole poitn of OFFLINE MODE was to be OFFLINE?  Is anyone else running into this bug?

I tested extentively to verify that it's not a blue tooth problem. (blue tooth never once cut out on my playing music on phone's media player or on a phone call)

I love Spotify, but am frustrated with their offline mode.  I wish I could use another device to sync my music instead of a phone (like a usb drive, ipod, or some other inexpensive device)

2 Replies

Hmm, as you say, Bluetooth should work fine with Spotify. But in this case, if it's being a little screwy, the first things you should try are rebooting the phone or updating the OS.

If this doesn't help, you could try enabling Bluetooth in another app then switching to Spotify as a potential workaround. But we can't guarantee that this will definitely get it working again.

If this doesn't help, you could try enabling Bluetooth in another app then switching to Spotify as a potential workaround. But we can't guarantee that this will definitely get it working again.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I thought I'd elaborate on this suggested "work around" in case any other Blackberry users are fighting this bluetooth issue.

I found that if I play a song in the Blackberry media player (the one that comes preloaded on the Blackberry) and while that song is playing then I play a song in Spotify.  

At this point both songs are being played at the same time. (and both can be heard)  

Then you close the Blackberry Media Player , and voila Spotify continues to play on it's own.

This bug has been around for well over 6 months.  You would think that the development team would of fixed this in 6 months?!

Oh, well....I plan to do some testing with droid and ipod touch to see if Spotify works better on those devices....

Suggested posts