Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

[BB] Blackberry 9700: some downloads interrupted halfway during playback

Re: Blackberry 9700: some downloads interrupted halfway during playback

Pieter
Regular

Som some songs are ok, some aren't

Highlighted

Richard
Roadie
Do you have any songs synced offline? Perhaps these could be interfering somehow.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Pieter
Regular

Yes, I do have songs synced offline. But the particular songs don't work in either streaming or synced off-line mode. Can it be that there is aninterference from other devices(iPods)  I use for my Spotify account?

To summarize what I've done: I've repeatedly deleted and reinstalled the app and I've switched wifi networks also and I've reset the router of 1 of those networks. And ithe songs are ok on iPod.

Richard
Roadie
It's possible, though I don't think it should be causing an issue. Still, we could try resetting the device information on your account (you've currently got a blackberry and two iOS devices registered).

Doing so will however mean you'll need to resync your offline playlists. Would you like me to give it a go?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Pieter
Regular

Yes please

Richard
Roadie
Ok done, let me know how you get on now.

Pieter
Regular

still doesn't work either streaming or synced off-line. Same problem persists

Richard
Roadie
Well that's annoying, so we're not really much closer to a fix at this point. But we'll keep trying (thanks for being patient with this!)

Reading back over the thread it seems that something might be going on between the device and the particular wifi network you are on. You said it worked ok on another network and worked ok for a little while after a router reset.

Does your router have any kind of internal firewall built in that might be stopping the connection? That said, this shouldn't cause an issue for playing tracks already synced to the device.

So I should also ask if you're running any other apps at the same time as Spotify. Anything that might cause a problem?

Pieter
Regular

Normally I'm not running any other apps. And I've tried on 2 other wifi networks to reset, resync, re-install and the problem continues. Could you maybe reset the iOS devices also?

Even if I delete the jammed song, search for it again and the play it (before and after syncing), it jams as before. I've also tried to stream and sync i high and low bandwidth to no avail.

The only reason I can think of is that the nr of devices using the same account somehow leads to problems. But then it's strange it's only with Blackberry (although it was the last device after the iOS devices so maybe there is something in there).

Richard
Roadie
Yesterday I did remove all the devices registered to your account, and today you're back to the Blackberry device and two iOS devices. But I don't think that is the issue any more.

One more question I should ask before I run out of ideas: when you're reinstalling the app are you deleting the old user files first? Simply redownloading the app won't clear out the old files, which I think could be causing cache issues of some kind.

SUGGESTED POSTS