Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry 9700: some downloads interrupted halfway during playback

[BB] Blackberry 9700: some downloads interrupted halfway during playback

On my European blackberry 9700 some tracks will only play a couple of seconds or are interrupted halfway through. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app multiple times and also tried syncing in high and low quality through WIFI (I don't use 2G/3G for syncing or streaming). On iPod the syncing and playback of the same tracks and playlists work without problems.

26 Replies

How do I delete those files?

The user folder is situated in users/USERNAME in the Spotify folder.

Deleting the folder can be done on the phone itself, going to the Media folder, hitting the Menu button and choosing Explore. Once the folder has been found, selecting that one and pressing Menu will give the option to Delete.

Or it can be done by connecting the phone to a computer, choosing to connect as USB Media, and on the computer finding the folder and deleting it.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Problem solved ... But then it was back. I deleted all files and the app and then re-installed everything.

I then tried to play two songs streaming which went ok. Then I synced for off-line playback and the problem reappeared at exactly the same time (5 seconds and 2 minutes respectively). I started playback while the songs were synced, but the rest of the playlist was still syncing. Could the problem be caused by simultaneously syncing and playing back a song?

It seems something is not ok with the syncing.

I deleted and re-installed everything again. I first streamed the song in low bandwidth mode which went ok. Then I switched to high bandwidth streaming and it jammed. So it seems this is where it goes wrong.

Ok, I've been chatting with some of our techy guys and we've come up with some more ideas.

1.  It could be something to do with the SD card in your device. A way to test this out would be to reformat the card. But this is a bit of a drastic step (you'd lose the data on the card) so probably not the first thing we should try.

2. The Blackberry app does sometimes have problems playing some certain files, specifically ones that are encoded in a certain way. Could you send us a link to one of the tracks you're having problems with so we can check to see if it's the case? Thanks.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

It's the song 'Fade" from 'Solu Music'

So i have the same issue with certain specific tracks. On the Blackberry app only, they simply stop 5 or so seconds in. Does Spotify have a fix in work for these tracks encoded a certain way that the Blackberry app does not handle them?

Suggested posts