Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry Streaming Bit Rate

Solved!

[BB] Blackberry Streaming Bit Rate

hello 🙂

which bit rate does spotify offer for streaming music with the blackberry app?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

96 kbps and 160 kbps. 320 kbps is available in some OS's. Spotify will add the 320 kbps bitrate to all devices, but currently those are in progress. So users, like me, just need more time - when Spotify is updating all those apps.

You can setup sound settings how you like, check app settings. For streaming and offline mode you can setup bitrate you like. For example in EDGE or slow/limited 3G you might be want to try streming quality 96 kbps. Otherwise 160 kbps is good. I use 160 kbps all the time on my mobile, thank god to fast and unlimited 3G network here in Finland by Elisa.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Spotify uses a OGG format and all bitrates are conderted from lossless format.

Spotify uses also VBR intracks.

Hope that this all information you want to know. And ask more, if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

96 kbps and 160 kbps. 320 kbps is available in some OS's. Spotify will add the 320 kbps bitrate to all devices, but currently those are in progress. So users, like me, just need more time - when Spotify is updating all those apps.

You can setup sound settings how you like, check app settings. For streaming and offline mode you can setup bitrate you like. For example in EDGE or slow/limited 3G you might be want to try streming quality 96 kbps. Otherwise 160 kbps is good. I use 160 kbps all the time on my mobile, thank god to fast and unlimited 3G network here in Finland by Elisa.

thanks a lot 🙂

do you know if spotify uses vbr or cbr?

Marked as solution

Spotify uses a OGG format and all bitrates are conderted from lossless format.

Spotify uses also VBR intracks.

Hope that this all information you want to know. And ask more, if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts