Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry Torch 2 9810 - Horrible experience

[BB] Blackberry Torch 2 9810 - Horrible experience

Hi community,

I'm a Spotify poweruser, I've got it on my iPad/laptop streaming it to various airwave speakers/apple TV and on my Blackberry Torch 9810, which rarely works properly without crashing...

I had the v 0.5.0.1 before and although it was bad I thought that's the price you pay for being an early adaptor but I've now, foolishly, downloaded version 0.5.0.3 and it's horrible... It doesn't work properly, crashes frequently, offline songs are not there eventhough they show up as green. 

My questions is: how long will take for you guys to develop a stable app that just works? I understand 9810 is not officially supported (!?!) but how different can it be honestly? Is there a way to make it more stable? can I roll-back to v 0.5.0.1? 

I don't pay £10 a month for this sort of service. The desktop connection with Facebook behind a proxy server is still not working as well...

All in all, I'm v disappointed guys.

4 Replies

Hello there,

I'm not overtly an expert on Blackberry devices, but generally some issues like this could be resolved by updating the Firmware on your device. Hopefully that could get it up and running.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Unfortunately I'm using the latest firmware available. I used to have problems before (eg Starred songs had to be re-synced everytime and were not playable offline and the usual crash) but the new version (5.0.3) just won't work in offline mode and when I'm connected it frequently crashes or plays songs with jitter...

I've a similar problem with my BB 9810: when connected to a WLAN everything works properly. But outside, within 3G and BIS, no connection could be established and Spotify is useless.

Has anyone an idea..?

I'm using a bb9810 with os 7.1.0.378 and spotify 5.0.3 and have none of the problems you guys list. I did pay for premium and have downloaded most of my playlist for offline listening. I rarely listen online unless I'm on wifi. The only minor issue I have is when I pause it doesn't resume instead it goes to the next song.

Suggested posts