Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry Torch 9850

[BB] Blackberry Torch 9850

Any news on an app that will be compatible with my Blackberry Torch 9850?  I'm a Premium user and would like to be able to take my music with me when I go.

Thanks!

6 Replies

While it may not be listed on our list of supported Blackberry devices, it may very well work on your phone. Why not pop over to m.spotify.com and manually download it for Blackberry, and give it a whirl. Let us know how it goes.
Airhorn Enthusiast

strange happenings on my torch 9850.....randomly tried to download stuff off my spotify account, even started to play some songs, then froze up my phone completely....had definitely downloaded all my starred music, then informed me that there was no disk space left, so then i couldn't access spotify at all!!  asked my son (18, geek) and he told me to uninstall spotify, be patient and wait for blackberry to debug and  introduce spotify for non cdma phones properly......i am impatient and i want spotify NOW....as a premium user it is so annoying not to be able to access it.....is there anybody out there that can tell me why this has all happened? also, is there any progresss on being able to get spotify on this phone before i throw it out the window :@/

On my blackberryh torch 9850 I tried to install it on my 9850 torch and it installed but when starting it, it gives me a dialog, I can only press "OK" an the app closes down. What should i do?

Hey lshidmt 🙂 

Where did you download the application from? Is there any other information/text on the dialogue or is it just a single button? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

Hey lshidmt 🙂 

Where did you download the application from? Is there any other information/text on the dialogue or is it just a single button? 

Peter

Yeah, I downloaded it just tonight on my Torch 9850 and can confirm this happens.  You can see the Spotfiy login page in the background, but it pops a dialog box that says, "Spotify is not compatible with your device." and the only option is OK.  Once you push ok, the app closes itself... no real way around it that I can find.

Is the torch 9850 a CDMA or GSM network one? 

The application is only supported on GSM networks due to an issue decoding .ogg files over CDMA.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts