Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry does not sync offline tracks

[BB] Blackberry does not sync offline tracks

After using Spotify on my Blackberry without any issues (apart from skips in offline tracks) for a month or so, I updated to 0.5.1.2 through Blackberry app world, and my playlists stopped synchronising. I tried reinstalling, then reinstalling and deleting the spotify folder on the media card, but still no luck.

I can see my playlists and stream music, but playlists do not sync. When marked for offline use, I get the download progress bar, showing "syncing 1 out of XX", but it doesn't progress. 

I also regularly get login failed errors when I launch the app.

Overall, stability seems to have taken a massive dive with this version. But even going back to the 0.5.0.3 version on the m.spotify.com site has the same issues. (Why is there such a big gap between the app world version and the version on the Spotify site?)

Has anyone else found a solution this issue?

38 Replies

In the meantime, here, have a Kudos point!

I deleted the folder Spotify one week ago, but the problem continues. This is imposible and the support by Spotify is awful.

@dc152 wrote:

Success! I'd tried uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly, but then had a brainwave. In home/user/ there is a "spotify" folder which doesn't disappear when you uninstall spotify- this is why my phone was still showing nearly full storage after I uninstalled the app. I deleted that folder manually through windows explorer, reinstalled the app, and voila! Now started synching again. Fingers crossed that works for some of the rest of you!

Well done for noticing that 🙂

Hopefully it will work for others - fingers crossed....

Yeah didn't work for me aswell, still won't download and yes, the support is awful, truly shocking and disgraceful. I would urge all of you to pursue refunds.

bumb. We need help

Sam we need your help.

I'm escalating it to the relevant team to look at now.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you sam. You are our only hope!

any news from them? when can we expect the service we are paying for?

Sam, can u maybe further explain the section about the Ports?

-R

yes please do. We have been left without the service we are paying for. If you are paid for your time on the forums, may I remind you that we pay your wages, so can we have this sorted hastily please. This is starting to get a bit too much now. 

So I did manage to raise this issue with spotify (first login problems, then the offline sync not working).  Its taken about a week (I seem to get about 1 email every 24-48 hours from spotify staff), but they are now asking for my permission to reset my records of which playlists are sync'd.  Apparently this will fix the offline sync issue.  I will give it a go as soon as they get back in touch and let you know how it works on this thread.

Incidentally I also found the spotify folder/files that are on the blackberry, rather than the sdcard and did a full delete/reinstall last week, but that didn't fix the problem for me.

So today spotify customer support got back in touch with me to confirm that they have reset the list of my devices they have on record as using offline content.  My offline syncing now appears to be working again on my Blackberry 9860 and BlackBerry 9800.

The only slight downside is that you have to completely resync everything, as your records of what you have stored offline get reset.  I'm kind of ok with that though, as long as I can download stuff again.

The process I used was to register a support request here: https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support// and tell them that my offline syncing had stopped working.  You then have to give spotify customer support permission to reset the records they have of your offline devices.  Once they emailed me to tell me the reset had gone ahead, I reset my device, then ran spotify.  Spotify indeed told me my offline content had been deleted; then I was able to sync as normal.

Given that I'm using two BlackBerrys that are not in the supported list, I'm really impressed spotify have taken the time to help, so big thumbs up in that regard!

I do wonder if spotify could put something in your account settings that listed the offline devices they have on record, that would let you delete your own device for offline access if you wanted?  Then potentially we could solve this problem ourselves.

Mine is downloading again. I sent a new message to spotify asking them to reset my settings. I don't know if they did but they must have as when I reset my playlists from my bold, it started downloading again.

It would seem the solution is:

1) Send a new message to spotify telling them to reset your settings

2) Then reset the playlists on ur bb and restart the app.

Hope this helps.

My BB 9900 seems to be syncing again as well!

Thanks to Sam and everybody here helping to get this problem under the attention of the staff!

Now if you'll excuses me, I'm going to listen to my music again! 🙂

-R

Hi, when you say "unblock ports 4070, 433 and 80"  - I can't find that option under "edit permissions". I am using a blackberry 9900 using 7.1 bundle, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing spotfiy app and it starts up, with the synch progress bar saying "2 of 67" and then just stops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Even after a reset, my offline playlists still wouldn't sync.  Then I noticed  on the blackberry some tracks in those playlists were greyed out, I deleted them and after a log out and back in it started to work.  Went back and added those same songs I deleted earlier, still syncs no problem.

As I can see, all uf us are having the same trouble and there does not seem to be any kind real solution given by the Spotify team. I find really disrespectfull that they have the courage to sell a product for BlackBerry knowing that it is totally incomplete and works so badly. This is the last month I'm paying for this awful service.

(I'm just talking about the sync option, but I've also even had real trouble trying to play music without downloading it -connected to my home's wifi- or just for searching for a single song).

I am really annoyed with all this situation, as I said before, one customer less.

Why did I ever leave my iPod aside?!?!?!? :___

Suggested posts